Midwife couldn't find HB with doppler at 13 weeks? *UPDATE PG 2*

Lilaala

LTTTC Alumni
Reaction score
Hi all, had another Midwife appt today.

She warned me it was possible/"not uncommon" not to find it, and made another appt to see us on Monday to try again. I'm still quite worried though. :nope: I'm quite thin but all she could find was my own, she tried for what felt like ages, probably a good couple of minutes?

I have/had been feeling 'popping' sensations the last week, I told hubby if it's gas it's the weirdest gas I've ever felt, always in the same spot, pretty deep in my pelvis, so I think/thought it's baby, now I've got it happening like mad but I'm wondering if it's only gas after all... :(

Worried, has anyone been in the same boat?

:hugs: The closest I've come was during my first dating ultrasound they saw the sac, determined the baby was almost 6 weeks and said the pregnancy was probably not viable as they should be able to see a heart beat. 2 weeks later we went again and we saw a tiny little heart beat going strong and they said baby couldn't be any older then 7 weeks, so it was no wonder we couldn't see a heart beat.

13 weeks is still very small and could be hiding deep behind your pelvic bone, especially if your a small woman.

Thank you, I thought it'd be easier to find for being thin, not harder! That definitely helps.

From moment of your first BFP your children never stop worrying you :hugs: Let us know how your next appointment goes.

Will be checking in for updates. My thoughts are with you! Xo

I had that same problem at 13w3d My dr didn't seem worried and the following week she was able to catch it!

This is my biggest fear right now. I want to announce after I hear the heart beat at my next midwife appointment on Doppler but am afraid they won't find it. Even though I know it can still be hard to find at that time in the short time they have to look for it. Keep us updated. GL!

This is reason where i live they dont try and find HB till 24w.

Could be few reasons why couldnt locate it, i rented a doppler and weirdly enough couldnt find HB at lunch time but could always find it in the evening.

My bladder always needed to be full, if i need #2 (sorry) it would effect me finding it also.
Plus baby seemed to float very near or behind placenta so noise from that over powered the HB so every other few secs you'd hear HB in back ground.

Try not to worry, sounds like your feeling your lil one x

When my sister was pregnant with my nephew, no one was ever able to find his heartbeat!

My ob couldn't find my daughters hb with doppler and sent me for ultrasound. I was of course freaking out at the possibility that the was no heartbeat. My sis was an L & D nurse at the hosp and had me come straight over. She looked for ages and couldn't find it. She was just about to give up when she checked very low down and found her heart beating away. Perhaps your doc didn't look low enough. Chances are, everything is just fine.

I was about 17 weeks pregnany and MW couldn't find HB. She freaked me out good and proper saying how odd it was and that it wasn't a good sign and all that. then she sent me for an US scan to check and hey presto, there was the little heart, chugging away.the Dr who did the scan was downright angry with the MW and said it was quit common not to find HB because the baby was still very small.

Thank you all so much!!

Yesterday the Midwife said she wasn't worried, but then she sent in a requisition for an ASAP ultrasound today to make sure everything is okay. Baby was stretching and wiggling on the screen and didn't want to hold still for the Tech to get her measurements :haha: Maybe that's one reason the Midwife couldn't find it, baby was dodging the doppler? :shrug:

Thank you all so much!!

Yesterday the Midwife said she wasn't worried, but then she sent in a requisition for an ASAP ultrasound today to make sure everything is okay. Baby was stretching and wiggling on the screen and didn't want to hold still for the Tech to get her measurements :haha: Maybe that's one reason the Midwife couldn't find it, baby was dodging the doppler? :shrug:

That would explain a lot, you got a wiggly little tot on your hands... errr... uterus :D
Lovely outcome

At my 32 week appointment my MW had problems locating my little guys heartbeat! He had been wriggling around before hand so logically I knew he was ok but my heart still skipped a beat!

ive been trying since 8 weeks and only had luck the last week but i need a good 20 mins to find it so if i had a few mins i would never find it in that time so dont worry about it honest, when is your scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->