Midwife or Consultant Led? First Antenatal Appt Tomorrow!

sadeyedlady

Reaction score
So I have my very first antenatal appointment tomorrow. I have to decide tommorrow whether to go Midwife Led or Consultant Led but I'm still not really sure of the pros and cons of each. For my last pregnancy I was consultant led.

The main positive for me about going midwife led is that you get a private room with bath etc and OH can stay with you overnight. That and all appointments are much quicker.

Downside is only 1 scan throughout pregnancy.

Anybody care to share opinions/experience's?

Not sure if you're in the UK but if so, the decision is usually made based on medical need rather than 'choice'.
Why were you Consultant-led last time? Because if that reason still exists (e.g., medical condition, raised BMI, etc), or if you had any issues in your previous pregnancy or delivery, then you'll probably need to be consultant led again this time.

Hi MemmaJ. I'm in Rep Ireland. Here you have a choice between the two. I was consultant led the last time as I was certain I wanted an epidural. Epidural is still an option if needed in the hospital but they just move you to a different ward

If the only downside for you is having just 1 scan,could you go MW led and book a private scan at some point?

Was thinking that Eleanor. Heading in soon so fingers crossed they'll accept me for MLU

If Id have had a choice Id have gone with midwife led (but couldn't for lots of reasons)
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->