Midwife Visit Monday, fingers crossed...

canadabear

Reaction score
Hello all...
Here is a little back story:
I am Canadian, living in Spain. 33 years old, first pregnancy.
Midwife lead system here but hospital birth.
Just reached 2nd trimester.

So.. I have an appointment on Monday with my midwife where I intend to go over what happens here in regards to hospital policy, pain relief options, homebirth options etc.
My basic understanding is that homebirths are not done here unless you have the option of finding and paying a private midwife.
But, I still have my fingers crossed that it could be an option.
If it isn't an option, then I am going to see how natural a birth I can have in the hospital system here.
I do not want to go private care here as it is completely doctor lead with much higher chance of a C-section.
Very nervous as I have always pictured having a natural home/water birth.. but I know I have to be flexible with my options here in a forgein country.

Wish me luck.. and if anyone has any advise or has given birth in Spain I would welcome your input. :flower:

Good luck, really hope you get some good answers.XX

Just to update for everyone:

The english speaking midwife i usually have was not there today, but had a really nice spanish speaking midwife.
I did not feel comfortable asking her about homebirth etc as my spanish is mainly conversational at best and want to be sure I understand everything fully.
But, on the positive side, my appointment was WONDERFUL! :thumbup:
I finally got to hear the heart beat for the first time. How amazing!
So happy OH could be there for this visit too!
Midwife said everything is perfect, bloodwork etc as well.
Baby is very strong and healthy with the heart beat of a horse (her words).
She also said it is already a big baby. She was surprised when she pressed on my tummy that it was all baby/uterus..no fat!
I knew i had a small bump, but everyone i spoke to and everything i read said it was too early to show yet, especially as a first pregnancy.
makes me wonder just how big this baby is?!! :haha:

I am very happy with the appointment and look forward to the next one where I can hopefully bring up my options for birth.
Thank you all for your well wishes and support! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->