midwifery

Lou

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm currently at University studying Accounting. Since september, I have realised that the course is not for me. I have been thinking hard about midwifery and have decided to leave my course with the view of hopefully getting a place on a midwifery course in September.

I was wondering whether any midwives could give me their experience of their job? Do you enjoy it? etc etc, and if anyone knows of where would be an ideal place of study?

Thank you all in advance!

Lou
xxx

I don't really have any advice for you...but I just wanted to wish you luck!

I think a midwifery program sounds very interesting. I have been thinking of using a midwife when the time comes. If it's what you want to do then I'm sure you will be great!

Thank you special K, thats very nice of you. The idea of Midwifery sounds really exciting to me! I can't wait to get started. Does anyone know of any way of getting work experience through shaddowing etc??

xxx

Hi Lou,

I am member of a student midwife forum, so if you wanna know the addy let me know. Midwifery is very competative, and pretty much every university has already accepted who they are going to take this september, I think applications were meant to be in in January.

How ever it just means that you have longer to get the right sort of experience, ring or email your local hospital should be able to give you details of applying to volunteer. Do you have any qualifications?

Best of luck with your change of direction!

Hi Lou i want to be a midwife but i want to have my own kids first as personaly i couldent think of anything worse than being a 30 something woman in labour and having some 21 year old who has never had kids telling you what to do when im on number 4 :rofl: unfortunatly hospitals wont let you shadow or volunteer because of safety issues but if you ring up most will let you come down and speek to a few widwife's about the job ect.

Hey hun i'm in my first year of the midwifery degree now, if you have any questions feel free to PM me :)

Hi Lou,

I am member of a student midwife forum, so if you wanna know the addy let me know. Midwifery is very competative, and pretty much every university has already accepted who they are going to take this september, I think applications were meant to be in in January.

How ever it just means that you have longer to get the right sort of experience, ring or email your local hospital should be able to give you details of applying to volunteer. Do you have any qualifications?

Hi Tasha!

Thank you!! I have:
A-Levels: A,B,C
GCSE's: 2xA* 2xA 1xB 4xC 1xD
Is it not likely that I will have a chance through clearing to get on to a course? I have alot of experience that have given me skills in team work, communication, discipline, Independent work etc, and come from a family of 9, and also babysit.

Awr I really hope I can get on to a course in 09! I will practically do ANYTHING!!!

Also the address for that site would be fantastic! THank you so much for your help!!!
xxx

Hey Lou

WOW i had no idea you wanted to be a midwife, thats amazing. hehe You can deliver my children lol- of i ever get to tcc
I know when i was at uni you had to apply very early to get on courses for the september- they are very organised. Maybe ring around local uni's and speak to someone and see what they say hun!
Awww this is so cool, made me feel all happy! x

Hi
Hope you dont mind me gatecrashing im hopeing to go to uni next sept to train to be a midwife just wondering how i am going to cope with 4 kids! If its your dream hun follow your heart xx

I would say go for it through clearing if you want, though remember they usually have reserve lists. But if you dont try you will never know, and it sounds like you have the right qualifications x

Will send you a message with that address x

I want to be one too... waiting to find out :cry:

Maybe you could ring the uni's you might be interested in and see if they would be willing to accept a late application. I manage to get on my Zoology course through Clearing in October last year after the uni I was at didn't work out. It depends on the university, but it's worth a shot.
Good luck!

All i can say is ring the universities you want to go to and ask if they are taking on late applications as this is how i got in last year! Do it quick though, ring them tomorrow!! Good luck!! xx

All i can say is ring the universities you want to go to and ask if they are taking on late applications as this is how i got in last year! Do it quick though, ring them tomorrow!! Good luck!! xx

thank you Kooky, will they be open on a sat? or should i phone first thing monday?

xxx

Oh! duh!! lol! you will probably have to wait until monday, i've totally lost track of my days. Like i said, let me know if i can help any futher :) xx

Email and call lots :)

There will be places at some Uni's, you just may have to go to the perhaps not so good ones, or not be fussy on the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->