Might have a uti :(

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I've noticed today when I need to pee it starts to hurt in my low abdomen and gets a little worse after urinating before it gets better. This morning I woke up with some low back pain on my left side, but that subsided and hasn't returned - hopefully it wont.

Go figure it's the weekend, and Easter weekend at that so my doctor is of course closed. I'm seeing my doctor on Monday so I'm hoping it will hold off until then. The pain is really mild, more like discomfort and I know it's bothersome.

Any advice to keep it at bay until I can get into my doctors?

A teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of cold water about 3x a day helps, sometimes it gets rid of the uti before it gets bad

Yes, I agree with pp about the baking soda. And also just drink tons of water to flush it out. When I've done that, I've found that it has stopped one in its tracks before it got bad. Good luck!

Cranberry juice is also supposed to help get rid of a UTI. :thumbup:

Lots and lots of water! I'm sorry, I feel your pain!

I'm a big fan of cranberry juice and I'll have to pick some up today! I've been keeping my glasses filled to the brim with water in hopes of flushing it out. This morning I've had some bad pains though so I'm going to try and get a nap in before DH is off work then head to urgent care to get some antibiotics started.

I'm now in my 3rd week of a uti, not too bad now, not getting much pain other than a sting when I wee.
The best thing is anti biotics ofcourse. But do try to drink plenty, but then again try not to constantly go to the toilet as the more u wee the more u irritate ur bladder.
Horrible things :/

Goodness that's rough! I hope yours clears up soon and you get some relief. I've had this for 2 or 3 days now. The worst of the pain seems to be when I wake up and have to pee.

My doctors don't seem to give a crap, so god knows what I'm going to do.
Hope yours clears up soon :/

That's awful! You should go to a different doctor and get a second opinion, there's no reason for you to feel this miserable for so long.

When asked to see a different doctor, I got told over the phone to go get an sti test hahaha maybe when that comes up negative, they might listen to me

Have you tried lemon in water several times a day. It's meant to help.

Moomin troll-3 weeks of a uti? That's awful! My mil was hospitalised with one a few weeks back and they wouldn't let her out until her temp dropped down again. Hope you get a better doctor next time. Some of them don't listen.

Feel like I have stolen the thread haha 3 long weeks. My mum was given 5 lots of anti biotics, they have given me 2 and fobbed me off.
Ile be up the gum clinic just to shut my doctors up and get some real help. Not looking forward to that, never had a reason to be tested before other than pregnancy hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->