Migraine Sufferers

Kobes Mummie

Reaction score
Hey All.
I suffer from Migraines ive narrowed them down to the usual AF, stress and Caffeine. I get pins and needles in my left hand which spreads up my arm, across my chest and upto my face. Iam usually then sick and have an awful headache and sleep for hours.
Ive just had one but without the sickness, headache and sleep.
Will this effect my pregnancy?. Xx

Not sure it will affect the pregnancy but I get them a lot. Get the funny aura where I can't see and then a whacking headache. I've had a couple and had a scan on Wednesday and everything was fine.

Not sure if that helps but didn't want to ignore :)

Belle xxx

You'd have to do some research on whether it's safe to take during pregnancy, but my husband gets migraines and he takes feverfew. He hasn't had a migraine since he started taking it. They list doses etc on examine.com. X

Thanks for your replies. Ive stopped taking my migraine meds anjust settled for paracetamol but boy is that weak. Headaches u touched "(.
I have my appt tues I musssst remember to ask lol xx

Totally sympathise, I get more than usual when pregnant, but for me it tapers off by about 16w thank goodness. Cold iced drinks sipped slowly help me, and a few sips of hot tea to help keep paracetamol down for long enough to have some effect.
I think hormones play a big part :flower:

I get migraines, usually a couple a month, I've been told I can't take my tablets (Sumatriptan) while pregnant. Dreading my first one!

I get migraines, usually a couple a month, I've been told I can't take my tablets (Sumatriptan) while pregnant. Dreading my first one!

Thats the meds I have. Today I just sat it out an just had paracetamol but I feel like I have a hangover. My Gp believes I triggered it by drinking a large amount of juice with phenylalanine in it as my migraines are triggered by Caffeine. I did not know that it was a form of caffeine. Atleast I now know ") xx

I suffer menstral migraines, pregnancy is the only time I get a break

I have had migraines about 4 days ever week... lol some will last for two days and it just is horrible!! I try to drink a soda when it hurts, but it doesn't help anymore... so I just deal with it.. my doctor told me "they're going to get worse" I was like aww crap!! lol

Hi Hun, I'm pregnant with my second one have always had migraines. Mine changed exactly like yours when I was first (LO is 2 in March) pregnant and have stayed like that since. I saw the neurologist but nothing is safe to use in pregnancy, except paracetamol, which is just like fresh air to me!
The only thing that helped was having some physio on my neck/back and making sure I relax as much as possible. Chocolate, hormones, citrus fruit and stress are my triggers :(
Also eating regularly and making sure you include lots of little snacks helps a little. It's so hard just riding them through with no relief and only other migraine sufferers seem to understand the agony/other side effects that go with migraine. Hope you manage to get them under control a bit xxx

I had to stop my meds when I found out I was pregnant as well. I was taking Topamax which almost stopped them completely. My OB recommended a neurologist that she specifically works with for pregnant women. I couldn't get an appointment until Feb 10th but have only had one migraine so far. I know for some they stop during pregnancy.

Hi hun,

I use to have migraines prior to becoming pregnant and just frequent headaches and ever since 10 weeks I've had one migraine and a headache at least 2 days a week but refuse to take anything for it. I would just try to drink a lot of water and get plenty of sleep. Hope things get better for you.

Thanks ladies. Ive had 2 so far and only 5 weeks. Iam very cautious of my diet so im def putting it down to hormones lol. I hope all you lovely ladies dont suffer many more. I hate migraines they are the only thing that reduces me to tears "( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->