Migraines

Jaymelynn

Reaction score
Anyone know of anything I can take for migraines that is safe while bf-ing? Today is day 2 of this dreadful migraine.

Aww I hope your migrain has now gone. I suffer with terrible migraines and as you can only take paracetamol I sometimes takes 3 together.

I would get some advice from a doctor or pharmacist, however, I was given codeine while in hospital after having DD and when I questioned the midwife I was told that occaisional use is ok. As I say though try to speak to a doctor or a pharmacist (pharmacist is probably better).

Other things that work for me is sleep/peace and quiet (difficult I know) Cold cloths above my eye and on the back of my neck (someone once suggested to me putting hands in warm water while doing this to divert blood flow), and keeping well hydrated. Hope you're feeling better.

I feel your pain, I suffer from terrible migraines - fortunately they stopped in pregnancy. I've had one since DS was born (he's 4 weeks on weds). The doctor gave me some codeine a few days before for severe neck pain, it says not to take when bf on the packet but doc said a short course would be ok. The codeine seemed to help with the migraine though.

When not pregnant or bf I have sumatraptin on prescription - it works within an hour or two, it's brilliant, but you can't take it while bf - however you can take it if you then don't bf for 12 hours afterwards so if you've got a decent stash of expressed milk and are getting desperate for pain relief this could be an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->