Milestone Question

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I feel kind of weird posting in here as LO is barely a preemie - he was born 4 weeks early (36 weeks) at 6lbs11oz and had no problems other than feeding (latching & coordinating the suck/swallow mechanism) and some low blood sugar and slight jaundice. He was home with me after a few days.

But my main question is having to do with milestones - I posted in baby club about being worried that he is almost 8 weeks and makes no eye contact and does not smile at all. :nope: I am so worries as other LOs younger than im do these thing and really seem to interact with their mums. I am not sure that mine even knows who I am! :( OH thinks it might just be because he was early that we need to wait a bit longer. Does anyone have any experience with this?
xx

Alex took while before we actually had any proper interaction from her at all- took a while before she smiled AT us and watch us! Shes 13 weeks corrected now and shes a different baby. I'm guessing if we were to create a corrected age for him he'd be 4 weeks old, so theres still plenty of time!

Agree with SB22, your LO is only 4 weeks old, think I posted a response to you in Baby Club or intended to.

It takes a while before you get anything back from your LO. My LO was 14 weeks early so it was about 20 weeks before my LO started smiling or making eye contact. You LO is still tiny, the smiling milestone is between 6-10 weeks and they start to recognise you as their parent at 3 months old, that is the age they start working out who is who so I would not worry at this stage. If it takes you LO longer don't panic, they soon catch up.

all babies do these things are their own pace, some earlier than 8 weeks some later, being that little bit early may mean an extra few weeks but when it does happen personally I think it makes it all the more special as we not so patiently waited for it :happydance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->