Milk at 12 months

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question: How much milk should babies have at 12 months. Louis will be one in 2 weeks and is still having 3 bottles a day (19oz in total), as well as milk on cereals. I know at 12 months he can switch to cows milk but how much should he have and how do I reduce it? I'm imagining that his lunchtime bottle would be the first to go (he only has 5oz then) but he still cries for it and doesn't drink much water. Any advice please?

Once they are on cow's milk they shouldn't have more than 24oz a day. I think the 19oz would be ok. Once they were over a year and eating 3 meals and all that a day, we started just offering milk with breakfast and dinner and water the rest of the time, so he never gets more than 16oz a day at the very most

Thanks, do you give the milk in a cup or bottle?

We just gave it in a sippy cup, if he can drink from a sippy I'd just get rid of the bottle fully, it just gets harder as they get older :) It will also usually make them drink less at a time

This was the question I was going to ask!!!!

I read that formula should be given in sippy cups from 9 months if possible, but at nearly 11 months, Gabbi is still on bottles, so I knew that I had to try changing soon. But I also had no idea how to reduce/change her milk from 12 months and how much she should have! Thank you for this posting :) x

this is a question i was going to ask...so to be blond for a moment...

can i swap her 7oz at breakfast and 7oz at bedtime for warm cow milk? i'm still using a bottle. wouldn;t get 7oz in a cup...

Yes, you can swap her morning and night bottles for cows milk instead of formula. I plan on slowly getting DD off of formula and the bottle in the time leading up to Christmas - she turns 1 on September 1st - we'll see how that goes though! She dropped her afternoon milk feed when she turned 11 months, just dropped it cold turkey and takes water in sippy instead. You can try going cold turkey or doing it slowly by replacing 1 oz of formula with cow milk at a time until your lo is completely on cow milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->