Milk blister on nipple

Jo2600

Reaction score
Hi I am hoping someone can give me some advice

I have what appears to be a milk blister on one of my nipples, it's been there for a few days now. I have tried hot flannels warm showers, feeding hovering over my baby but the duct appears to be really blocked and the skin seems to have formed a seal over it.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so what worked for you to clear it?

Thank you in advance

Jo

It's probably not recommended but when I had what I think you're describing, I sterilised a needle and used it to gently clear away the skin I could see blocking where the milk came out. You could try using something gently exfoliating like a rough wash cloth too but that didn't work for me. Mine wasn't there for long but the milk shot out about a metre when I cleared it... it was a huge relief and very funny.

I've been feeding for almost two years now and am now pregnant again and still feeding! For about 6 months I have had what you are describing and on and off it has been through changes in size and pain as well as the skin forming over it. If it's squeased it leaks puss or what appears to be grease. Totally disgusting! I just went to my gp in the end as I figured it was an infection and I was right. I've been prescribed flucloxacillin but am holding off taking it as I know it'll make me sick 😷 lol. You may need to see your gp

Popped mine with a sterile needle. Kept sealing back over. I have changed feeding position on that side and made lo improve his latch. Was given some lanolin cream but don't think that's doing anything!!! Now the blister is getting smaller so hopefully it will go soon. I don't have a blocked duct/lump though so its less painful in that sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->