Milk - Bottles

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Since I weaned Olivia on to cows milk all she ever wants is milk.

She's gone from a morning & night bottle to... well... I dont know really. All the time. Its getting silly to be honest. She just wants bottle after bottle?? I offer water & juice all the time but she drinks that but always wants milk too.

I mean... should I give her it? Should I not?

I honestly really dont know what to do.

x

is she still eatting as much as she was hun?

Yeah shes still eating fine...

I dont know if I should or not but she's on her third bottle now since ive tried to put her to bed at 6:45pm... She ususally goes up at 6:45 and asleep anywhere between 7pm and 7:30pm. Just lately she wont even settle until gone 11pm. Im totally worn out by her demands all the time

Gosh lucky you lol

I can't see theres any harm ...not sure one can have too much milk :confused: Any idea how many ozs roughly shes having? Wish my moo would drink more milk :dohh:

is she drinking the milk or does she want to suck on the teat?

Id say any where up to 40oz now.

Its crazy. I guess im just worried because HVs say they should be on morning and night bottle at her age.

Shes just been a madam this last week too. I guess it could be her teeth too? Couldnt it? I dont realy want to take things off her if its going to do her no harm but this new demand for so much milk seems really crazy!!! Im constantly running round making bottles for her

PS no shes actually drinking it all too. Every last drop.

She has a dummy any way. I mean not all the time but as I say shes drinking the milk, and she never really others with her dummy even if its there unless shes tired and wants to go to sleep

x

Personally I wouldn't offer her it if thats how much she will drink - Isn't that nearly double any of the minimum recommendations?

Situation if shes thirsty she'll drink her juice? Maybe try a different juice? Moo loves that HIGH juice :D

callum is exactly the same as olivia. He throws his juice/water on the floor, but he will drink as much milk as he can. Atleast their getting plenty calcium, callum has gone right off yoghurts and wont touch cheese.

shes only been like this the past week. Ive tried all sorts of juice. Its usually the high juice she drinks but this this last week she wont entertain it. She ususally looves those kids smoothies too but she wont entertain those at the moment. I just dont get it

x

It's actually not good for her to have that much milk, it can interfere with her absorption of certain nutrients...Iron I know is one but there are others. They are supposed to have about 16-24oz a day, not much, if any, more than that.

It's actually not good for her to have that much milk, it can interfere with her absorption of certain nutrients...Iron I know is one but there are others. They are supposed to have about 16-24oz a day, not much, if any, more than that.

Really, i didnt know that!!!

Me either

Any way. Things are starting to get back to normal today. she's only had a morning and night bottle again today :happydance:

Wooo! Been so much easier to handle today rather than running after her demands every few minutes

x

If its her teeth hun, maybe its a comfort thing :shrug:
because it may be hurting her mouth to chew; a bottle is all she could manage?? plus the cows millk fills them up a bit more than formula ive been told
how has she been on her food ??

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"