Milk coming in

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

How are you all doing? I was hoping you could help me out with a couple of questions I have. Does your milk come in whether baby has sucked on your nipple or not? Does everyone experience their milk coming in thus their breasts becoming bigger and feeling fuller? I am also talking in regards to women with big breasts whom sometimes can have less sensations in their breasts.

Thank you ladies!

In my previous pregnancy my baby wouldn't latch and it was only until he had latched that my boobs started producing milk (two weeks after birth this happened) and I never experienced my breasts feeling full/becoming bigger with milk.

I think it can be different for everyone. I think my milk came in so to speak around day 7 but I never got that major sensation of fuller breasts... Never in all the 12 months I bf leaked either... But my chunky monkey was testament to the fact I was certainly producing plenty of milk. For me I think it was more of a gradual build up. I have smallish boobs....size B in pregnancy but size E a couple of weeks into feeding.

I think its different from lady to lady. My LO was placed on my chest and fed straight away after birth and then my milk came in properly on day 2 pp.

My boobs were seriously enormous (well compared to my normal size) and so painful.

They just seem to be starting to soften up now and LO is 6 weeks old.

I have J cups but have had the full feeling but only when he hadn't fed very much. When he was first put to my breast and the midwife was trying to latch him (I'd had an emergency c-section so couldn't move very well) she said that she thought my milk had come in already as it flooded out of me but that slowed right down, he couldn't latch so I was syringe feeding, then my milk came in without me even noticing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->