milk formula and nappies

jenny873

Reaction score
hello ladies, i am due in 2 weeks and try to be organised with everything, i am trying to arrange my finances so that i know i will spread my money out properly and not waste it and end up short.

i will be bottle feeding and i was wondering how many tubs of milk formula do you use in a month? and how many packs of nappies and wipes would you say you use on adverage per month. lol x

I think my milk lasts about 2 weeks at moment maybe a week ... hmmm

In all about £15 a week although look out for offers like @ boots buy 1 get 1 free wipes 2 for £10 on nappies. Usually theres a milk deal that changes like 2 for £10 so when the deal comes up on yoru milk grab it - also tesco do all these kind of offers.

Join Boots perneting club to get points & double points on nappies etc - all adds up!

I think my formula lasts around a week - it's £7-something. If you get healthy start vouchers, you can use them for formula milk.. not sure if that's any help to you. Not sure on nappies and wipes as I took advantage of offers beforehand and ended up with hundreds and hundreds of them. They're literally piled up the wall. I'd say it's worth stocking up when offers are on though, as Wobbles mentioned. x

ive stocked up on nappies and wipes but not milk formula as ive been told to wait until i see what she takes in the hospital incase she gets an allergic reaction etc.
so if ive planned on setting aside £150 a month for baby things do you think thats a bit over the top lol
are all the formulas virtually the same and does it just depend on what the baby takes to in the hospital. x

Im glad I didn't stock up on milk as I changed - still have an unopened tin of SMA shes now on cow & gate although I buy that when I do shopping anyway so not really kept an eye on how long it lasts (a week sounds more realistic. For food, nappies & wipes you defo won't need that much. £70 tops I'd say a month (ish)!

4 milk tubs (£25-£30)
Wipes (£10 tops)
Nappies (£20-£30)

Roughly - not sure how much that changes in future but hey ho lol

i guess it all depends on whether u have a greedy baby or not lol. We usually spend around £10 a week on nappies. We usually shop around and get them when there on offer. Boots are doing 2packs for tenner at the min. I dont use wipes just yet cus Oliver's bums to sensitive, we use cotton wool which is also much cheaper!

As for formula Oliver roughly goes through a tub a week so about £7.

I've found at the minute my child benifit is just about enough for milk and nappies.I douby that for much longer though! x

Asda are pretty good for offers on nappies and wipes also. I got 6 packs of huggies wipes for £5, and they've got their baby week on at the moment and i think you can get 9 packs of johnsons baby wipes for £7.

Like everyone said look out for offers and nab them.

if you have a LIDL around... they have a really good deal on nappies :hi:

Asda are pretty good for offers on nappies and wipes also. I got 6 packs of huggies wipes for £5, and they've got their baby week on at the moment and i think you can get 9 packs of johnsons baby wipes for £7.

Like everyone said look out for offers and nab them.

Is that at all Asda's Lorri? x

yeah its baby week at all asdas i think, i got pampers wipes 9 packs for 7 pound today. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->