Milk Sticking to spoon?

CertainTurton

Mummy to a toddler
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if any of you have the same problem or if I am doing something wrong. Im using aptamil and when I scoop out the milk to put it in the hot water the milk powder often sticks in the spoon!? not all of it but a fair bit around the edges and the bottom, so obviously not a whole scoop is going in!? Anyone else? :shrug:

yes happens me too. only when im scooping the powder into hot water though. its the steam and heat from the water makes the powder stick. i just give the scoop a good tap and make sure all the powder has fallen in.

I find if I tip the spoon quickly the steam doesn't get a chance to make the spoon as sticky - so it's a dump and run process basically. And don't get me started on when hubby doesn't clip the spoon back into the lid so it's all powdery and I get it on my hands - hate the feel of powder on my hands - ewww.

We started keeping a spare few old spoons in the cutlery drawer so we could use one of them if the spoon in the tin got clumpy one day.

This used to drive me mad. I count the scoops out into a dry container, I use the tommee tippee milk dispensers and then pour the whole lot into the hot water. Also helps if you lose count because all you have to do is tip it all back in and start again!

This used to drive me mad. I count the scoops out into a dry container, I use the tommee tippee milk dispensers and then pour the whole lot into the hot water. Also helps if you lose count because all you have to do is tip it all back in and start again!

^^ This. Used to drive me mad. I now can also measure out a couple in advance and then it's even easier to make up feeds. Also like pp mentioned, guards against losing count of scoops in the night which I ALWAYS did!

I do this too, so much easier with no powder stickage!! :)

Thanks for the tip ladies, I was just wondering this morning if it was only me experiencing this problem! x

I rant about this exact thing to hubby every day:haha:
And I always loose count of scoops! Cos im making two bottles at a time, im always 'measuring' them up against each other after to check ive put the right amount of scoops in, if ive lost count with one bottle:wacko:

i got a thing on the internet that counts the scoops and as you are only holding it over the bottle once it doesnt steam up as much either if that makes sense, it is called clevamama clevascoop, it honestly is the best invention and i couldnt go boack to counting scoops again!! i got mine from ebay, wasnt that expensive and worth every penny, the clevamama company has made lots of handy gadgets too!

I used to do this too, but found that the powder would stick to the container! So as i pre make my bottles, i sterilize all 6 of my bottles at one time, messure the powder out and put it in the bottles BEFORE the water, then use one of the bottles (empty but still sterilized) to messure out the required water, then put the water into each bottle, and then you just have to put the milk into the last bottle with water in, but then its not much trouble because all you have to do then is stir the last bottle with the spoon and wash the spoon after! This is the easiest way i found to do it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->