Milk supply drops before my period, help!

Mrschoochoo

Reaction score
My baby girl is 4 1/5 months old and ebf.

The 4 days before my period starts my milk supply drops, she wants to feed all day and cries and paws my boobs during feeds, rather than sleeping her usual 6-7 hours at night she wakes up every 1-5 to 2 hours. I also have a 2 year old who needs her mom so I cant just curl up and feed all day, or survive on no sleep for a week!

She hates bottles, I have a drawer full of rejects, I would love to pump milk and top her up, but she screams her head off pushing the bottle away untill I chuck it in the bin.

I have been trying to give her formula from 6 days old, it was never my intention to breastfeed for so long, but every time we have tried she throws it up, even 5 ml of formula with a calpol syringe makes her throw up everything in her stomach within an hour. Why!

Help help help!

Have you tried a cup of expressed breast milk to top up instead of a bottle?

Or have you tried nursing baby in a sling so you can do things with your 2 year old?

My baby eats every 2 hours during the day all the time and either I latch him on in the sling or just feed him while I walk around doing things .

If it's a hormonal thing I don't know if talking to your doctor about a birth control that might stop your period would help at all ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->