milk supply myth or fact

prettyunicorn

Reaction score
Aunt flow has returned :(
Has anyone experienced change in milk supply or feeding aversion.

What is the myth or fact you're trying to ask about? As far as the other question, I did have a dip in production while ovulating. It goes back to normal after a while. You won't starve your baby. Your baby will just have to work harder for the milk.

I have heard that there can be a drop in supply due to hormonal changes once aunt flow returns? And there can be change in milk taste causing feeding aversion?

Mine came back at 6 months feeding my eldest and I never noticed a difference in how he fed x

My came back last week when baby was 7 weeks old. I didnt have any supply issues whatsoever.

Thank you ladies. I usually am not the one worried about supply but saw a change in lo's feed pattern so was trying to find the cause. It may have just been a phase. Lo slept more and ate less!

I noticed a big change right before my period started the first time. Because of it my son had to feed a little more but when I got my period, supply was back up to normal. Don't really know if my period returned because baby was feeding less, or if baby was feeding less because my period was returning; nevertheless he made up for it by clusterfeeding for a day or two after.

Never really experienced anything I could attribute to a feeding aversion though :)

Lot of small changes happening at our end. I know it will all make sense at some point. Trying to focus on the 'now' but can't help thinking about the 'later'. Guess it's part of being a mom :)

My kids have all gotten a little fussier, a little gassy, and did more cluster feeding (shorter feeds and shorter times between feeds as a result) when I was due for my period. But it usually only lasts a few days and then LO adjusts. And AF always shows up around 6-7 weeks postpartum for me.

My supply drops a lot when AF arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->