mini rant

AC1987

Mom of 2 DD's
Reaction score
I don't really know where else to put this so I thought I'd put it here.
I basically got into an argument with my sister. She was trying to tell me how unhealthy breastfeeding is, and how much better formula is, all because of things my mother who has no clue about it has told her :growlmad:
So first I had to back up that YES breastmilk is enough. Then she told me that mine won't be that good because I don't eat fish therefore the baby's brain won't grow. I'm SURE many babies brains have grown without it :dohh: but I got so tired of fighting with her about it.
I'm also tired of hearing that the reason why my supply began to drop was because I wasn't giving formula enough and its like NO ONE will listen else wise.
So this time around I'm not doing ANY formula, its SO expensive and its not like THOSE people will pay for it no they'll just be down my throats about how I need to be feeding my LO it per day.

Sorry just mad about my fight today.

.....what the hell? Sounds like you need a nicely worded brochure to straighten those ladies out.

If breastmilk isn't enough, how did humanity survive this far?

er what is in the water over there? formula is in no way better then breastmilk, if anything it has more crap fillers. I'd have been quite pissed over it. I've been pushed on formula since my LO's birth so I feel for you. I've had to fight to breast feed with 0 support so if you need any help let me know. will be happy to be your cheerleader

It just bothers me how misinformed my family is... like some I admit is humorous like my parents telling me in order to produce milk I need to drink it or it'll be too watery.. that I admit I found funny when they told me.
But I dislike how they think they can dictate how I feed MY babies :nope:

Breastfeeding education needs to be taught in schools. My mom also didn't understand how much better it is than formula and tried to get me to use formula. Thankfully I only tried it a few times and decided to stop (and LO refused bottles eventually). Don't let them get to you. Do what is best for your baby!

I had the drink milk to make milk comment too!

Oh, and I don't eat fish and my babies' brains are not "small"!

You should ask them for BF base advice from time to time to highlight their lack of knowledge (for your own amusement, obviously).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->