Miracle Late Lamb Arrived Seth Anthony Elion Parsons

Alexp

Reaction score
Really quick post will update full birth story later as been quite truamatic for mum & baby

Seth Anthony Elion Parsons has arrived at long last after an eventful pregnancy and 18 hr traumatic labour. ( not well enough to go through it at moment)

Time: 23.28
Date: 13.3.11
weight: 7lb 12oz

Thick blonde hair and an absolute treasure, breast feeding well and hardly cries at all. Truly Blessed !

Congratulations, you made it!!!!!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing some pics, but you rest up first :)

Congratulations hun! and well done :flower: look forward to reading the story :D xxx

Got fed up with trying to do everything to have this baby here after four days visiting hospital ward. On Saturday decided to listen to relaxing music and candles all day (TINK 28 Maxine's advice) DH did lavender foot and tummy massage. My neighbour did a pedicure and painted my nails a gorgoues jade with art work. So Seth would see them first lol. Went out for tea then drove to MAtlock ( 35min away) for a bag of candy floss.

Came home felt pain from UTI in bed and kept getting up for a wee. At 5.00am I wet he bed or so I thought then a gush of water. Woke DH who tried to help me up but a river flowed all over the new laminate flooring :nope:
Grabbed a double quilt cover and filled it. Got three contractions in 5 mins straight away so phoned birthing unit who said "come in ". They checked and was def my waters so went into room where I used my Reiki to control pain.Then at 10.am it went off - nooooo not again !
They sent me across to labour ward where I was supposed to be watched, monitored and given pain killers as my lower BP was norm 55 and was 92. Well five hours with the only contractions being if I knelt on my knees on the floor. Otherwise the contractions stopped standing,sat, or on ball.:nope:. I went through 15 jumbo pads with water and blood loss and was only given 2 paracetamols. I made a complaint as LO had stopped moving. They were quite stroppy saying they were busy but I pointed out I was a high risk complicated pregnancy and I felt MY baby was important if they didnt. Needless to say she apologised and put me on monitor. LO was fine but still at this stage, so she decided to send me across.

Ive never felt so relieved. From here until two hour before things were kinda funny. Had more paracetamols and listened to reiki CD over and over with odd puff of gas and air. Although still on my knees bent onto bed. I asked my DH not to let me swear bad, scream or keep groaning as I didnt want this !:shrug:. After a few more hours and another shift change I waspuffing on a high . I was glaring across the bed at Dh which the MW found hilarious as I didnt speak a word. Then pains stronger asked for Pethedine, she said she would be 15mins but got held up 30mins. By this time pain was alot worse. She apologised but by then I wanted my Epidural-"ya get no medals being brave in labour is my motto". Then she said I will go and get Dr to administer. I growled like the devil bewtween puffs " Not Before I get That Shot You Dont". She ased which would you prefer Pethidine or Epidural? To which I again growled BOTH and now please!:growlmad: She found the funny side as I said " did I just sound like a scene from Poltergeist sorry "
Turned out Dr was held up couldnt get another in. I said Oh that ok I will wait abit longer. In the meantime listening to my personal CD with woodland flute music she said. Is the music good for you Alex? To which I replied " I wish someone would shoot this * ucking Bird its doing my head in " :blush:
Well over an hour later a lovely Asian Dr eventually came ,Im still on my knees. He said how far dilated are you? I was high so said "Oh 8cm" To which he replied oh its too late. I turned and said "did I say 8 sorry I meant just 6cm, No Way was I not having it.:winkwink:

After that things took a nasty turn. If I got off my knees contractions stopped and LO heart rate kept dropping from a low safe 110 to 60. :nope: My BP was 92- 110 lower level. So I stayed on my knees but this then started to effect LO HB again. For two hour this went on untilDr getting worried was debating EC where I Had to be put under and hysterectomy as my blood loss was by then alot. He was mixing and matching meds for heamorage and clotting also LO HB being effected. By then my Mum was there and both her & DH were horrified. I was crying get him out please as his HR was now constant 55-60. They got me in stirrups on my back and were shouting for me to push. Its hard when you cant feel anything but I kept pushing and pushing. They had monitor on Seths head that blanked off. My Vaginal walls were taught and stinging so they did a cut and massage and got forceps ready. MW Urged Dr wait 2 mins she can do it. The room had Dr and 2 MW by then all shouting at me to push. As well as Mum and Dh who looked grey. I was groaning with the strain of pushing so hard so long to gain energy and begging please dont let LO die . Anyway I pushed Seth into the world and he went straight onto my chest. I was numb with shock, Dh held him also my mum. But none of us cried like we thought we would. The traumatic time had robbed us of this moment.

They then turned to me to sort me out and kept me on delivery until later the next day as I was still at high risk.

As I entered the ward in a wheelchair two carers said " Oh bless youve had him " That was it I started to cry with Joy and relief. I havent stopped looking at him since and just sit crying with joy.

I havent slept because I cant stop lookng at him. Im shattered but I dont care. He is mine he is here and Oh how we love our Miracle Man. He is so quiet hadly cries and Im having to wake him for feeds.

Im not out of the woods as yet as need a blood transfusion really. After getting home yesterday I had to be took back in where they told me this. I feel very weak, breathless and sore. But he is so worth the pain:thumbup:

Congratulations, sorry you had a hard time and I hope you feel better soon x

Ohhh im sorry you had such a traumatic time :(
Glad you are both safe and well now though.
Did you find the relaxing music helpful? Ive been thinking about getting some but not sure if it would annoy the hell out of me lol x

Well done hun - I hope you feel better after you have been sorted out, You did so well - massive congrats on your gorgeous boy xxx

Did you find the relaxing music helpful? Ive been thinking about getting some but not sure if it would annoy the hell out of me lol x

I found it very relaxing in first part as they also made me some Aromatherapy massage oil up for my tummy and back. Listening to it felt soothing until I changed it to Woodland Flute. I was thinking to myslef I wish that bleeding bird would stop chirping. It was at that moment a voice said " Are you enjoying the music Alex" I had had that much gas and air I said instead of thought out loud " ****ing hell I wish someone would shoot that ****ing bird ". As DH hates swearing and I had promised not to swear I was shocked it has actually came out loud. The MW was laughing for ages. :blush::haha:

I would suggest you listen to some to see which you like best first. I had a reiki CD and Angel music they are very floaty uplifting tracks. I think at the end of my delivery I would have had Drums/ Thunder or Wolves to get me through it :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->