Mirena coil fitted - ouchy!

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Had this fitted today and am now hugging a hot water bottle! I know I've given birth so this should be nothing compared to that but jeeeez! I've never been one for really bad period pains so these cramps and aches in my legs are a bit of a shock to the system.

I'm going on holiday next week....someone please tell me the pain goes quickly!!

Stalking, might be getting one sometime in the next year.

:hugs: hope it goes away soon. Ive heard it should only a couple of days to a week, max. Did you take any pain relief before getting it fitted? Every one i talked to told me to take a high (but safe) dose of pain reliever before the insertion and then keep taking it for a few days, even if you think youre fine. (pains can creep up unexpetantly, apparently). Hope you start feeling better soon :hugs: im not one to take meds, but from what ive been told its a very good thing to consider for the few days following the fitting.

Thought I'd report back. I had the strong crampy period pains for 3-4 days. The pains gradually eased off over those few days and I had the odd mild cramp up to about a week after.

The other pain I had was a kind of stinging feeling where, I am guessing, is the opening of my cervix, possibly where the coil strings are? This is a kind of sharp, scratchy, sting that isn't there all the time however, I still get the occasional twinge even now :( it does seem to be lessening though so I will stick with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->