Mirena/IUS help please? :/

J

jadeemma79

Hi lovelies,
Basically I've had a Mirena coil fitted for a year and five months now....
Today I started bleeding quite badly (normally I don't even bleed) and I am experiencing abdominal pains too. I checked my strings and I think they are longer than normal (but I don't know if I am imagining it or not :wacko:)
Has anyone else experienced this after a year and five months of having it fitted?
If so, what did you do?
Thank you :)
Emma xxxx

I've had mine in for about 2.5 years and never experienced anything but tiny bits of brown blood every few months-- I would say go check with your doctor, just in case it has come out of place somehow :hugs:

Definitely worth going to see a doctor to get a check up just incase. I had the mirena in for almost 2 years and i didn't get periods at all.

of course check with your doctor, but if it helps....

I've had mine in for 1.5 years now. Every so often I get moderate cramping and minor bleeding. I don't really think anything of it. Once or twice, I've had enough bleeding to warrant a regular tampon (sorry if TMI), but it would always go away after a day or two. Mirena's not supposed to stop periods, just make them lighter (but hey..it's an added benefit if your one of the lucky ones who completely stop!). But yea..call your doctor, cause it would suck to have it be expelling and you not know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->