Miscarriage and Father's Day

Want2BMomX3

Reaction score
I am 8w6d, but we have been heading toward miscarriage for about two weeks now and knew it was a possibility before that. Last Thursday and today we have confirmed no growth and no heartbeat. I have asked for a comparison hcg test before we do a D&C, even though I have been bleeding for a week.
I have 2 much older children. My husband has no biological children. Last week when we discovered there was an embryo with no heartbeat, my husband said it was the worst day of his life. While I was distancing myself from this pregnancy out of frantic fear, he really connected with the future baby. He had a nickname and talked about the pregnancy under the assumption that things would be ok. On Mother's Day, he gave me a card thanking me for making him a daddy.
Now Father's Day is coming up. I don't know what to do. I feel like he was a father, for however brief a time. He loved this potential baby as a parent. How have others dealt with this?
I am so sad, every minute, no matter how much I tried to distance myself. He has been amazing with me and my constant mood swings and tears out of nowhere. He deserves some kind of recognition and I just don't know what to do.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I think it depends on what your husband would like? You know him best. With my DH we have him a card made saying from your angels in heaven every Father's Day. He likes them recognised and it always makes him smile. He does the same for me every mothers day. But we do have children here which I guess helps him get through the day. Plus our last loss was well over a year ago now. A good friend of mine lost her baby last week and she's taking her partner away for Father's Day, she just thinks it's too soon for him to deal with it so she wants to take his mind off it. She found out something he's always wanted to do and now they are going on an river boat cruise for the day. I'm sure you being there to support him and acknowledging how tough it will be for him will provide great comfort though no matter how you chose to spend the day.

I'm truely sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->