Miscarriage Blues

Babyfever02

Reaction score
Hi everyone… I just wanted to share my story with you all!

I started having sharp pains on my lower right abdomen June 23rd and goggled "lower right abdomen pain" one of the things that came up on web md was a chance of ectopic pregnancy. I didn't think this could really be possible since I had been on the pill (did forget a couple of pills in June).

When I found out that I was pregnant, but I needed to be rushed to urgent I was pretty scared. Long story short, it was determined to be a natural miscarriage. So basically it was over as soon as it started for me.

I've had about 5 blood tests to measure my HCG over the past 2 months and found out my levels STILL have not dropped to zero. It just hurts me more to feel like it is dragging on and I just can't start healing until it ends. I have also been having irregular bleeding for the past 2 months, which doesn't help either.

DH and I now would like to TTC, but now something that should be very happy and exciting has turned into something that's kind of scary for me :(
Anyway, sorry for such a long post, just thought I'd share my story and I'd be interested for other to share there's. It’s nice to have somewhere to share similar experiences and feelings
:)

hey huny welcome 2 bnb, im so very sorry for you loss, i know the feeling of being scared of being pregnant its horrible how the inocence is taken from us :cry:.
the ladies over in the miscarriage support forum are fabulous, they will help you through this huny as they did me.
hugs n kisses xxxxxx caz xxxxxxx

Hi Hun I had the same! My levels were back to normal in 4 weeks though. Stay strong. Its so hard i know.
GL hope all turns out good for you xx

Hi sweetie,

Big :hugs: from me - I found out on the 25th July that I was pregnant only to m/c on 28th... haven't had any blood tests (my GP can be quite rubbish at times!), but I'm reading negative on the hpt kits (using the really sensitive ones) so my hcg is already <5....

How far gone were you? If you think that hcg doubles every 72hrs (roughly), and assume it'll half a the same rate then its perfectly normal to take several weeks to drop down to "normal" - I was only 4-5 weeks, so it hadn't had the chance to rise too high, but if you're 5-6wks say then hcg will be very much higher. Keep smiling sweetheart, we're with you in spirit

x

Thank you all for your support. It means so much to know that others know how you feel :hugs:

If you are still bleeding and still have hormones have you had a scan to see if there is retained tissue?

I had an ultra sound about 2 weeks ago and the Dr. said she didn't see any problems. I did call my OB yesterday and told her about the bleeding. Apparently it is normal as long as its light to normal bleeding. She said to call back if it gets heavy and they can do another check up. I'll be going in for ANOTHER blood test next week. I'm reeeeaally hoping its the last one I have to do! :(

Oh darling, I really feel for you - absolutely HATE blood tests!! I must be the biggest wimp around, but I go wobbly at the mere mention of a needle :dohh:

Keep smiling as much as you can, it will all be over soon I promise :hugs:

Hi everyone… I just wanted to share my story with you all!

I started having sharp pains on my lower right abdomen June 23rd and goggled "lower right abdomen pain" one of the things that came up on web md was a chance of ectopic pregnancy. I didn't think this could really be possible since I had been on the pill (did forget a couple of pills in June).

When I found out that I was pregnant, but I needed to be rushed to urgent I was pretty scared. Long story short, it was determined to be a natural miscarriage. So basically it was over as soon as it started for me.

I've had about 5 blood tests to measure my HCG over the past 2 months and found out my levels STILL have not dropped to zero. It just hurts me more to feel like it is dragging on and I just can't start healing until it ends. I have also been having irregular bleeding for the past 2 months, which doesn't help either.

DH and I now would like to TTC, but now something that should be very happy and exciting has turned into something that's kind of scary for me :(
Anyway, sorry for such a long post, just thought I'd share my story and I'd be interested for other to share there's. It’s nice to have somewhere to share similar experiences and feelings
:)

Hi im going through the exact same thing at the minute i was taken into hospital on thursday the 12th of july with bleeding and cramping which was suspected ectopic pregnancy and had to have a blood test and the results was high which indicated it wasnt a misscarriage it was ectopic even though i knew i was having a misscarriage i was told that there was no chance i could be with the hcg levels being that high,i went on to have a i miscarriage the same day! I keep having to go back and having blood tests like yourself and its never ending as if it isnt hard as it is without having to keep having blood tests and dragging it out even more! xxx

Just an update... I found out today that my HCG levels are finally below 1. I hope and pray and beg all thats almighty that I ovulate soon now!!!! I want to cry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->