Missbabypo's Birth Story! Very Long!

missbabypo

Mummy to Riley and Bump!
Reaction score
It all started on Monday 16th May after my first stretch and sweep. When the midwife was doing the sweep she said I was 3cm and thinning so it would all start happening soon. Whilst walking home I had to swing by OH's work to drop him some money as he had forgotten his wallet and while there I started getting niggly contractions in my back that would occasionally make it all the way to my stomach. I thought nothing of it and went home to do the hoovering before walking to pick Riley up from nursery at 1250. By 1330 I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes and thought I should ring the assessment unit just to see when I needed to contact them as I was attempting VBAC. They told me I needed to come in now, I asked if I could wait an hour or so and they said no so off we toddled and were taken straight off to the delivery suite to be monitored.

I had a wonderful male midwife called Ricky who examined me and I was still only 3cm but the monitors were picking up contractions every 3 minutes but sometimes there would be a 10 minute gap. They examined me again about 2 hours later but I was only about 3.5cm so wasn't progressing. They decided I was in latent phase but were very reluctant to send me home and were adamant that I would be returning later that night. I was told as soon as I was having 3 contractions in 10 minutes with no long gaps inbetween then to come in.

Tuesday came and went with annoying little niggles but nothing to write home about. Lots of plug lost but that had been happening for weeks.

Wednesday arrived and it was time for the nursery routine again. Dropped Riley at nursery, walked around the shops, home to hoover and then back to pick him up. Nothing all day and then as soon as OH came home from work and I could relax the contractions started again and were coming every 3-2 minutes. I didn't want to ring the hospital as it was 11pm by this stage and Riley was fast asleep but OH was a contraction Nazi and made me ring and we were told to go in.

Horrible senior female midwife this time who hooked me up to a monitor and examined me. It was agony, she was so rough it felt like she had her whole fist up there. She told me I was 3-4cm and that I would be put on a ward until things hotted up in the night.

Thursday morning came and I was still only contracting every 3 minutes and sometimes they would disappear for an hour and after initially saying I would now have to stay in until baby came they discharged me. After reading my notes on the walk home I discovered they now thought I was only 2cm dilated :s

We decided to have a walk around the town centre to try and get things going, I was contracting like crazy but thought it was just because I was walking about. When we got back to OH's house I led on the bed and 20minutes later I had a contraction that reduced me to tears and felt a little bubble pop out of my foof. I told OH I thought my waters had started leaking and went to the bathroom to ring my mum whilst sat on the toilet. After what seemed a lifetime I managed to get out of the bathroom but everytime I moved I would feel a small gush of water. I rang the assessment unit and during the call the contractions were so bad I chucked the phone at OH's head and started crying. We were told to go in.

While waiting for a lift the contractions were so painful I couldn't move and was crying. I barely made it into the labour ward. I arrived at 1955 in agony but as soon as I did they let me have gas and air which wasn't working very well but I couldn't give up. Had a wonderful male. Midwife again. I was attached to the monitor and examined. 4cm and being kept right where I was. My anaethetist had recommended an epidural asap so the on call anaethetist was called and an epidural sited at 2035. As soon as they sat me back round on the bed I felt the urge to push. At 2045 I was examined and I was 10cm and ready to push. The epidural wasn't going to work and they took away my gas :(

I screamed, I made animal noises, I refused to push and I begged for drugs.

At 2215 on Thursday 19th May Louie Oliver John Webster was born by successful VBAC. He weighed 8lb 14oz and is the spitting image of his elder brother.

I was very lucky in that I didn't tear so no stitches.

I didn't handle the pain of labour very well this time but I am glad I had a vaginal delivery. Not sure if I would do it again, only time will tell I suppose.

Thanks for reading and if you got to the end I'm very impressed lol.

Thanks for all of your help and advice over the last few months, I think I would have gone crazy without you guys.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• ollie%20and%20Louie.jpg
    ollie%20and%20Louie.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 33
Huge congratulations!!!!!!!!! Well done :) He is gorgeous :D

Well done, so glad you got your VBAC, what an achievement, and a gorgeous little boy!!

Many congrats to you and your family hun and big well done to you xx

Little Louie looks adorable :D

Thank you Ladies :)
We are all very happy he is finally here.
Just wanted to say to anyone lookong for good music to labour to that Adele's new album was very good for me, nice tempo and kept everyone very relaxed lol.

Lea I just looked at your signature and say you are calling your little boy Leo Vaughan! My little boy Riley's middle name is Vaughan hehe.

congrats hun glad all worked out well xxx

Congrats hun! Adele's new album is on my list of birthing music too :thumbup:

xx

He's lovely, congratulations and well done on your vbac x

Congratulations! I have a feeling I am not going to deal with labour pain very well either though :-( Not looking forward to pain at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->