Missed miscarriage information

mummof1

Reaction score
Has anyone else on here had a missed miscarriage and waited to bleed?
I'm just looking for more experiences .. Our baby died at 8 weeks 4 days and I am now 9 weeks 6 days with no sign of anything being wrong - no cramps, no spotting/bleeding and I still have all of my symptoms.

I'm thinking I will choose to have a D&C but I'm still wondering if I should wait for my body to pass it on its own. It's so hard to understand how my baby could have passed without my body knowing it :(

So I'm just looking for stories of women who waited and wondering how long it took for the bleeding to start and if there were any complications .

Hey hun I'm so sorry ur going thru this big hugs to you. I have had 3 missed miscarriages now and posted all about them in the thread lower down titled "how painful is medical management" or something like that. Sorry I want to help you but don't want to keep reliving it but retyping it all - if you read the thread it might help you hun xx. When I did wait last year with my missed mc I knew at 6 weeks and by 8 weeks still no bleeding so at 9 weeks I opted for the vaginal pessaries and it was a very gentle mc compared to my natural mcs. I have not ever had a d & c.

Good luck hun xx the waiting is the worst part I find being stuck in limbo xx big hugs to you xx

Big hugs hun mmcs are very hard to come to terms with as they tend to show no symptons..
My mmc i only found out at 11 weeks 2 days and baby had died 8 weeks 5 days :(
No bleeding...cramping from 11 weeks hence early scan which showed baby had died :(...
I then had wait 5 days for d n c and no bleeding up to the day...it was painless tho the surgery .i didnt want tablets as i was scared of what to see xx

Thank you ladies ..the more I read the more I see that women who have missed miscarriages take a very long time to start bleeding . Most of the stories I have read, they waited weeks and still nothing so opted for a D&C or the pills.

My midwife was pushing for me to wait so that's why I was trying to see what the average wait would be.
It seems torturous to wait though.. I have 2 children ,we just bought a new house and we are moving in 3 weeks and I'm also a kindergarten teacher and have to go back to work Septemeber 8th.
So waiting seems out of the question for me

I have had two missed miscarriages. With this one I've not bled and am on the weeks wait between scans. I had hoped for it to start naturally but it's looking unlikely as my next scan is Tuesday.

So sorry for your loss. This is my second missed MC. I personally wish I had a natural miscarriage and it feels awful to know baby has gone and I didn't realise or know x

I have had two missed miscarriages. With this one I've not bled and am on the weeks wait between scans. I had hoped for it to start naturally but it's looking unlikely as my next scan is Tuesday.

So sorry for your loss. This is my second missed MC. I personally wish I had a natural miscarriage and it feels awful to know baby has gone and I didn't realise or know x

So sorry you have had two now .. That's awful :(
I agree, I wish my body would have known so we werent going along thinking all was perfectly fine. And now it's just so torturous to have pregnancy symptoms knowing the baby has passed away.
I really don't want to give up trying so as selfish as it sounds, I want it to be done and over with so we can move on.

Mummof1 - I know exactly how you feel. It's so unfair although I am sure any miscarriage is tortuous.
Big hugs x

I've had two missed miscarriages and waited both times, it can take a few weeks sometimes but the doctor told me you can keep waiting and going back for a weekly scan to check how everything is. I've always bled before my follow up scan but if I hadn't I think I would of opted for some help. Being in limbo is awful. So sorry for your loss xx

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a MMC in 2014. My baby died at 6+4 but I didn't find out until 12 weeks. It was a few days after finding out that I started to bleed but from the time the baby died it will have been 6/7 weeks in total.

I opted for the d&c but was passing huge clots on the morning of it and imagine I either passed the baby then or would have passed it soon after if I hadn't of had the d&c.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I understand how shocking it is to find out after your body hasn't had a clue.

Thanks everyone . I'm just waiting to see my OB now , I had switched to midwives so they were the ones that sent me for the dating scan.
I requested to see my OB so if we choose a D&C she can schedule it for us.
I'm hoping she has the ultrasound results and can talk to us about it.

When I left my dating scan the tech didn't tell me anything then my midwife had called me on her cell phone and rushed through saying she had a verbal report and told me the measurements and that there was no heartbeat and then told me my options. It was so unprofessional to me to tell me this over the phone while she's out and about doing whatever she was doing. I could hear noise in the background , it left me with such a bad feeling about midwives.

I've decided to do the tablets.
My OB is wonderful she was so empathetic and talked with us, answering all of our questions.
I'm waiting until 11 pm tonight to do the first dose.
Praying it happens right away without any complications.
Thank you ladies for your stories and your support <3

Take care and I hope it goes smoothly and painlessly for you xx

Will keep you in my prayers babe, hope all goes as well as it can do xxx

I lost my first bean to a MMC. He had stopped growing at 6 weeks and one morning around 9+2 I woke up feeling normal and not pregnant. That's when I went to the hospital and found out. They gave me a D & C, it wasn't painful, they gave me pretty powerful drugs. I'm so sorry for your loss :( :hugs:

Mummof1, I'm so sorry for your loss .
I was trying to make sense of my own situation and found your thread.

Sunday I was 10 & 1 , and found out my bean stopped growing at 8 weeks. I never heard of a MMC before yesterday, and Im torn on what to do myself.
I first opted to wait and see, because it just didn't feel real... I have morning sickness, I'm extremely exhausted I even got a small pop out on my belly. I was pregnant 2 days ago, and now I'm not ?
But I think I need to make a decision, because waiting is an emotional roller coaster.

So sorry for your loss Dee, everything you said is 100% true and it's so horrible anybody has to feel this way.
Big big hugs xx

Hi ladies/mumof1. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Mumof1 I see that you are taking the tablets but I thought I'd share my experience just in case it helps anyone.

At my 12 week scan we found that baby had no heartbeat and measured 9+3. I decided to wait to miscarry naturally. I wanted to do one final thing for my baby by letting my body let her go naturally since I couldn't give my baby life. I was also scared of a general anesthetic.

I waited and waited and waited.

When I was 17 weeks I started to bleed like a period. I bled for two weeks...not painful. .just period like.

Then I was told I shouldn't wait any longer and at 19 weeks I had an erpc.

After the erpc I was told that the surgeon said my baby etc was very difficult to remove and I probably would never have actually miscarried or if I had it would have resulted in a hemorrhage. I never want another mmc but looking back waiting two weeks is giving it plenty of opportunity to happen and if it hasn't happened after that time then have a d & c or an erpc.
Also by waiting as long as I did I spiraled into a deep depression. I think it hindered my grieving process.

I hope everything goes well for you x x

Thank you all.
Sorry for your losses <3
So far the tablets are acting slowly to work.
I took the first dose yesterday morning and six hours later I experienced no bleeding, only severe cramping. I took the second dose and about half hour later felt a pop and a gush. The bleeding started .. I had very intense contraction type pains and heavy bleeding but no clots . Everything stopped around 9 pm, I new I hadn't passed the baby yet. I had a good nights sleep with little to no bleeding then today it started again while I was at the hospital waiting for my rogham shot (O negative).
I passed a couple small clots and bled more heavily for a few hours . Now it's 9:41 pm and it all stopped again! So I'm thinking tomorrow I'll again have cramping and more bleeding . I'm waiting to have clots and pass the sac/fetus.. I know that should happen since the baby was 8 weeks.. I can't see heavy bleeding being enough.
I feel a bit frustrated because a friend of mine had two MMC and both times she took the tablets and passed the sac/fetus within 5 hours!

I'm not sure if it's different where you are but here the first tablet isn't meant to work it's to prepare your body apparently, then the dose they give you 48 hours later is meant to kick start the contractions - here they keep you in and if nothing happens within a couple of hours you get another dose, every few hours til you start contracting.

Really hope it's quick and as pain free as possible for you. Rest up as best as you can xx

Yah not here , they just tell me to take one dose then wait 6 hours take the second dose and send me home !
She said it may take two weeks to pass everything so as long as I'm still bleeding it's still working on getting everything out.
I still have yet to pass anything major , I'm just bleeding off and on and having some clear discharge mixed with the red blood . I've only had a couple very small clots !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->