Missed miscarriage

I had to deal with a similar thing, as we had also told everyone and then had to tell them the bad news. We simply posted it on facebook and unfollowed the post so we didn't have to see everyones comments etc.

I don't know what will happen as for me at least it seemed the baby may have stopped growing a few weeks ago, but by the time I had my scan, i had apparently already passed it as there was nothing left in the sac. You may see the baby when it passes, I was lucky enough that that didn't happen.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope it's an easy process for you and I'm sorry I couldn't help more :hugs:

Oh hun I'm so sorry :hugs:. We saw on my first scan that our baby stopped growing at 6+4. I had no cramping, no bleeding, no signs that anything was wrong. It happens, and it's awful. I chose to use misoprostol to induce the miscarriage. My body clearly wasn't recognizing the passing of our baby, and I couldn't bear the thought of just waiting for it to happen (or waiting and still nothing happening at all). It was one awful night, a week of bleeding and a week of spotting for me. I did meet my baby. The most perfect, precious little thing in this world. It was tough, but it also gave me a sense of closure. I have shed so many tears, and there are more to come I'm sure. There's no easy way to get through this, but somehow, someway, you will. Please know that you are not alone in this pain, and we're all here if you need someone who has been there to listen and cheer you on. Take care and take all the time you need <3

Thank you for replies. I am sad, but ok (in shock) my partner is having an horrific time. He is so so sad and stressed. He feels helpess. His best friends baby was born today and we were gonna announce this AM
Am worried for him but dealing with my own too. I need him!

I am so sorry, I really do hope you and your partner can find a way to support each other. I didn't see anything when I had my mc, I also had to take misoprostol. You are not alone, please take care xxx

I'm so sorry. This happened to us a couple of years ago and my reaction was the same as yours, so confused. We went for a scan at what should have been around 12 weeks and baby measured 6+4. We had to go in the following week for a scan to confirm it. The wait was torture. It's hard to imagine how your body couldn't know and hold onto the baby for so long, I'd had strong pregnancy symptoms throughout.
For me I started bleeding a few days after I found out and then had a d&c a few days later as I just wanted it over with.

Have you got to go back in for another scan to confirm it?

:hugs:

So sorry you are having to go through this too. Something similar happened to us. I was 10 weeks and had 2 tiny spots of blood one day, had an emergency scan and all they found was an empty sac measuring 8w. It seems our baby stopped developing very early on and was absorbed back into my body, it would have still been there otherwise. I couldn't get my head around how my body just carried on for weeks as if I was still pregnant. I also had to wait for a week for a second scan, without a doubt the worst week of my life. No more spotting except for the day I had the ERPC at 11+2. That week did help me get through the grief and come to terms / accept the loss though. You are definitely not alone, unfortunately there are a lot of us who have been through this, and we are all hear to help you if you need us. This week will be hard, but just let out the tears/anger, or whatever it is you are feeling. Take care. xxx

Thank you. Its shocking how you feel in tune and then miss something like this. I just can not understand how I didnt know :( x

Don't beat yourself up. The gynaecologist told me that your body carries on as normal because, in our cases, it hasn't 'noticed' the baby has stopped developing. That's why you continue grow/feel sick/ tired etc, your body is carrying on as it would in pregnancy. I try to take some comfort from that - at least it knows what it's supposed to do and can do it. But it's also hard to see it like that at times. Xx

I'm so sorry hun, I had the same two years ago, I went through those same emotions and we had told everyone too but that turned out to be super helpful.
I opted for natural management, I was going to go for acupuncture but in the end after a week I tried some pressure points at home and basically had a mini labour.
Unfortunately after I went back to epu I had retained tissue which passed the following week and I was given the all clear.
That time and process really helped me to come to terms with everything but it isn't for everyone.
I also kind of felt once I'd let go then everything started.
Look after yourself.
Xx

I'm so sorry hun, absolutely gutted for you x

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so so sorry...Worst thing to go through..Sending much love <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member