Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder/ Autoimmune diseases/ Raynauds

Haych86

Reaction score
Hi I am 24 and am currently 14 weeks Pregnant. I suffer with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (An Autoimmune Disease) this includes, chest problems, Juvenile Arthritis, Muscle problems, Raynauds and a multitude of other complications.
I am looking for people with the ame or similar problems going through pregnancy and been through pregnancy to help me understand how and if its going to cause problems. Just want some friends in the same sort of position as I am in really :)

Thankyou :)

Hi -not the same but my sis suffers from SLE (systemic lupus erythmatous) which is also auto immune, causing arthritic changes in the bones, reynauds phenomenon, as well as blood disorders, skin, kidney and other organ problems. She was monitored closely by her auto-immunologist, as well as getting her obstetric care, and rheumatology and haematology appointments also. Her disease goes into cycles of remission and flare-ups though, and luckily when pregnant it tended to go into remission (which it did with my sis) - she was warned though that immediatley following delivery she would be prone to a flare-up. Her son is now 9months and she is doing fine - no major flare-ups as yet but definitely more symptoms than when she was pregnant.

Hope you are doing okay xx

Thankyou so much for your reply ... I have been told my condition is borderline lupus so your post has been really helpful ... It's good to know that it did not affect your sister much through pregnancy as it gives me hope that my mixed connective tissue disorder will not affect my baby too much ... I hope your sister stays well and does not become too ill. Does your sister use B&B??? If so it would be great if she could Add me. Thankyou again and I hope you are well also

Hayley

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->