mixed signals

wittlebaby23

Reaction score
(I'm not sure if I belong in NTNP or TWW)

For the past two weeks I have just 'felt' pregnant. As crazy as that sounds, considering I wouldn't have a clue what being pregnant would even feel like. I've been feeling nauseous almost every day (any time of the day), I've been getting odd cramps and my lower stomach feels a lot harder and bloated them usual not to mention the back pain I've had. And I can't seem to stop eating... I'm starving hungry all the time and even half an hour after a meal.

I finished my second last period on Saturday the 27th of April
And I forgot quiet a few BC pills this month.
As followed: I missed Tuesday the 30th of April, Then forgot the 4th, 5th and then 7th of May.
I started spotting on Thursday the 9th of May. And I was spotting on and off for the next 5 days.
But, I seem to have gotten my period which arrived the 21st of May, although it was lighter then usual (maybe lighter because I spotted the week before?).

Should I take a test? And do you think I could be pregnant? Or am I really just going crazy?

Loads of thing's to consider. If i 'felt' pregnant then i would do one. Also, missing the pill can mess up your periods, i thought mine were fine so i came off the pill and mine is now about 6 days late with a negative test. I hear alot of stories about when wanting a baby badly you can begin to feel symptoms. I've been having similar symptoms to you and now i'm starting to think it's all in my head! :(

That's why I thought I'd post on here before taking a test, because I don't know if I'm just making this all up because I want a baby. I feel like I'm going mad.

It's good to know that I may not be the only one who convinces herself... hahaha

I know i've been bloated before etc but as soon as your trying for a baby you consider everything as a pregnancy symptom haha. Another negative test today for me, no idea what's going on, i think coming off the pill has messed up my periods. I got really bad pregnancy symptoms when i came off the depo injection last year so maybe this is similar. How are you doing?

I took a test and sure enough it was negative.
Turns out my partner is feeling sick and bloated today, HAHAHA I don't think his pregnant, so their must be some sort of bug going around.
And maybe the cramps were just all in my head...
I wish there was one or two stand out symptoms that never ever happen for any other reason other then pregnancy. But it can never be that simple can it? haha
I'm also stressed about when I come off the pill as to if it messes up my periods. How long have you been off the pill now?

I only came off them last month so it's only cycle1. I was on the depo for about 3 1/2 years, which in that time they completely vanished, stopped that and went on the pill to get my monthly back and they came back immediately. Was on the pill for about 6months. I think mines down to the depo injection, they don't warn you about the cons when they're injecting it into you *sigh*
In your case they may still be normal if you came off but it'd be worth looking around this website for more info. I think a few people have posted about irregular periods after coming off the pill :(

In November I missed quite a few pills and thought for sure I was pregnant, almost every symptom in the book. Never got a BFP, was so convinced I went for bloodwork and it was also negative. By this time I was late starting my new box of pills and with doing some research I decided to not go back onto them. Turns out lots of the pg symptoms are attributed to coming off the synthetic hormones and adjusting to the ones your body makes, throws you for a loop!! My first cycle off the pill was 42 days and since have shortened to about 35-36... I wish I would have known how crappy it is to go thru the confusion

Thanks for that girls.
I've heard so many different stories of periods coming back straight away and other not, so I guess I just have to wait to see what my body does.
It's so tempting to stop the pill now just to start getting my body back to normal. But I've got one and a half packets left... so I my as well take them lol

Thanks for that girls.
I've heard so many different stories of periods coming back straight away and other not, so I guess I just have to wait to see what my body does.
It's so tempting to stop the pill now just to start getting my body back to normal. But I've got one and a half packets left... so I my as well take them lol

Hahah I think I have 2 boxes in my cupboard I'm so happy I'm not on them anymore and even happier that oh was happy too!

Thanks for that girls.

Hey hun, I know more people who've had their period come back normally straight away, than those who haven't. One of my friends got pregnant in the first cycle... My aunty who was 41 at the time got pregnant on her second cycle after being on the pill for 25 years without a break!

Saying that, have you thought about going off the pill now so that if it does take a few cycles for your body to regulate, you'll be ready for when you do start trying? I haven't been on the pill for 3 years and I don't think I will ever go back on it... I worry about what it's doing to my body. In all that time I haven't gotten pregnant. We don't use condoms either (hate them!). We've used the withdrawal method and just recently started using the rhythm method as well... Just something to think about... Although I guess it sort of helps to take the pill as a countdown to when you can start trying, right? Like does it sort of help you to control the urge to start trying right now? If you went off it now you might just give in and start trying right away lol xx

Thanks for that girls.

Hey hun, I know more people who've had their period come back normally straight away, than those who haven't. One of my friends got pregnant in the first cycle... My aunty who was 41 at the time got pregnant on her second cycle after being on the pill for 25 years without a break!

Saying that, have you thought about going off the pill now so that if it does take a few cycles for your body to regulate, you'll be ready for when you do start trying? I haven't been on the pill for 3 years and I don't think I will ever go back on it... I worry about what it's doing to my body. In all that time I haven't gotten pregnant. We don't use condoms either (hate them!). We've used the withdrawal method and just recently started using the rhythm method as well... Just something to think about... Although I guess it sort of helps to take the pill as a countdown to when you can start trying, right? Like does it sort of help you to control the urge to start trying right now? If you went off it now you might just give in and start trying right away lol xx

Oh that's good to hear.
I have thought about going off the pill earlier but I really do think it would be too tempting to start trying as soon as I come off. Ideally, the plan is to finish the two packs I have, finishing in July and have two or three normal cycles before TTC, but I don't even know how I'll go for the first two/three months off the pill... I'll probably just give in and start trying.

And I've been thinking a little about what contraception I'll use next time (after we have a baby), Because I don't know if I like the fact it's all false hormones. I feel like my body has become more and more sensitive to it over the years, A missed pill will put me totally out of whack when it never used to be that bad... Maybe it's just because I've never given myself a break from it and next time it would be different. But I'm just thinking I might look into something else next time around.

Always best to do a test. If you have any suspicion then I would test away. Good luck <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->