Moby Wrap...What Am I Doing Wrong?

westbrja

Reaction score
Hey All,

I absolutely love my moby and feel it was one of the best gifts I could have received. I've practiced different holds at home and I'm pretty comfortable using it. However, I CANNOT figure out how to nurse while baby is in it. I have watched countless Youtube videos, but am still lost. Is it cos I have big boobies and they hang low?...LMAO! Anyone have any experience or advice to offer. Even moms that use wraps similar to the moby. Thanks!

I can't really nurse in mine either. For me it's because I have to hold my boob in her mouth and my nipples point more down that up or out. I think I could manage it if she would hang on to the boob herself. When I have managed it I have to really pull my boob up and use the cradle hold. :shrug:

I think it could be because of big boobies. I'm a G cup and have never managed to do it - I think my boobs are too floppy and hangy :( Still love my Moby though.

I'm getting a homemade moby-styled wrap soon... will it work if you have c/d cups?

I'm not sure, I have DD's and I can't figure it out. Hope your's works for you. Let us know.

Probably- I'm roughly that size (lol- gotta love the stuff we discuss here) and I was able to nurse Emma in the Moby when she was small. Our problem was that she wasn't small for long so there was a tiny window of opportunity for nursing in the Moby for us. I found I could only do it until she was about 15lbs (2months old in our case :dohh:)- she was too long to get comfy in the Moby after that point but maybe your LO will find a position that she likes and you'll be able to BF in it for longer than we did.

Kaites - Which position were you using to BF in? I've tried the BF hold and I can't even seem to get her comfortable in that hold, let alone to nurse.
Nicholatmn - Your LO is beautiful!

nope - my boobs are far to low and big for that lol.

I have big fat bbs too :( I nursed Mog in a moby fairly easily, but only if I was wearing the right outfit. I couldn't hands free BF at all normally, but if I was wearing a drop cup bra, or a loose old underwire, and a top that I just yanked down to whip out my monster boob, then the bra and top seemed to prop it up enough inside the wrap that Mog didn't get suffocated by it. If she was still BFing I'd try and get a picture, but I had her in cradle hold and the wrap really tight. And I was always out and about, Mog wouldn't settle in a wrap unless I was walking.

I can't even get her head positioned right, let alone BF. Maybe I'll practice some more at home. It seems like the mommies that did manage to BF, used the cradle hold vs the actual BF hold.

I cant BF in mine either
but I have F cup so that might be why!]
I can do it KINDA if she is in the cradle hold but my arms get VERY tired
And it only works if I am wearing a off the shoulder shirt!

Kaites - Which position were you using to BF in? I've tried the BF hold and I can't even seem to get her comfortable in that hold, let alone to nurse.

I think it was called the cradle hold that we used to use. I really only felt comfortable nursing while sitting down but might have been able to do it standing up if I had readjusting the Moby though.

I breastfeed in my moby style wrap all the time. I'm not sure about all the carries people are using but I will try to explain what I do... I'm a size "G" btw

I wrap TJ upright, bum above belly button and knees up. I cross the wrap behind my back and tie in the front. When I'm ready to feed him I untie the wrap and bump him down until his mouth is level with my nipple. I do need to use a hand to support my boob (he's getting the idea though and I think shortly he will figure out how to hold it) once he's eating I tie the wrap back up in the back this time and cover him (or not...)

I have fed him while walking in stores or sat down waiting for whatever...

I managed to do it like that... lol :) :happydance:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/fuffina/100600_162700.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back