• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

molar pregnancy

May2011Mommy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just had a hysterectomy (they removed my tubes, uterus, and cervix) on Wednesday the 15th.

I had a positive pregnancy test on the 16th of September. Over the next few weeks I started to spot. Then on the 7th of October, I started to bleed heavily. Had my first ultrasound done and the doctor suspected I had Gestational Trophoblastic Disease.

My HCG levels were 135,001 that day and then a few days later they were >200,000 on the 10th. I was barely 8 weeks pregnant.

A week later on the 14th, I had another ultrasound that showed that my uterine lining was only .27mm. (A normal lining should be 11mm., right?) The mass/tissue/growth appeared to be growing into my thin lining - we couldn't see where the uterus began or ended.

My uterus was measuring 20 weeks. It was huge.

The doctor explained the D&C route and the hysterectomy route. We all agreed that the hysterectomy route was the best option. It was very likely that my uterus would have been perforated. And that I would have hemorrhaged A LOT.

I already have 1 boy and twin girls. Both of my past pregnancies ended with csections.

My pathology report has not come back yet. The doctor said that after it does, we will know the next step of treatment.

He even said it was possible it might all come back normal and the hysterectomy might have been "all for naught." Even so, I still think the hysterectomy was the right option.

Anyways, I am nervous for the results. I was trying to read all the stories here and find one close to mine. Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->