Mole Removal

x_WelshGirl_x

1boy, 1girl, 1 angel baby
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right place? I'm having 3 moles removed next monday and I'm kind of scared about it to be honest. I went to the docs as one on my chest had bled when i caught it and he referred me to the hospital. The doc at the hospital said he would remove it, another on my arm and another on my back as it had developed since i had pictures taken 4 years ago.
Has anyone had any moles removed? Does it hurt? I know they numb the area, I'm not scared of the needle, just incase actually removing them hurts, i mean I'll be able to see them remove 2 of them :-S and how does it feel after?

my hubby had one removed a few weeks ago on his lower leg. He said, they numbed it with adrenaline not anaesthetic (could be different in every case mind) , made a tiddly cut around the mole and stiched it back together and popped a plaster on top. When I looked at it, it was tiny and really nothing to worry about. He had his stitches taken out a week later and all was fine!

Its no the same but I had my contraceptive implant removed last week, which involved anaesthetic and it was fine, barely felt the cut or the needle.

Dont worry, it sounds a lot worse than it really is! :hugs:

Thanks hun. On my letter it says something about local anaesthetic and that i shouldn't drive afterwards which is why I'm guessing thats how they are going to numb it.
I know, everything always seems worse than what it is with me, I think I just worry too much, then my sister hasn't helped trying to scare me either. I'm sure I'll be fine on the day, although just waiting to see the doctor in the hospital the other week I felt sick with nerves :-s

It doesn't hurt at all.

I've had five removed at different times, most recently one on my chin that started to change. It used to be flat but it started to raise up.

I was told the same, not to drive afterwards, mainly because your insurance might be invalid for 24 hours after having the local anaesthetic, partly because some people feel tired and sleepy afterwards.

None of the times I've had one removed has been painful at the time, although the one on my back had stitches that were pulled a bit whenever I stood up. I've found that the stitches are usually the most uncomfortable bit and that's just a bit of discomfort rather than pain.

I could feel the removal though. It's a bit like being at the dentist and having a numb lip. You can feel them poking at you but it doesn't hurt at all.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ETA: The stitches didn't hurt as they were put in either, it was just afterwards when the anaesthetic wore off that I could feel them pulling sometimes.

Thank you, you have put my mind at ease. I think I was more scared about having it done than afterwards. My mums taking the day off to take me then look after me as I am such a wimp. I should of just had them removed when I went 4 years ago, then I wouldnt be stressing now lol.

i have a mole on my back, but its quite large (maybe about the size of a 20p) and is only slightly raised. i went a while ago and because it was over a larger area, they could just cut it off so what they did was spray it with liquid nitrogen. was just really really cold! felt quite faint but it didnt "hurt". good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

Well I had it done yesterday, took just under 20minutes. I was nervous when i was lying on the bed. I only felt the needle on my chest and arm (I thought they just done whatever without giving me a needle, as i only felt one sharp thing, must of numbed me instantly as my mum said they didnt give me time to numb, once they injected me they started straight away) The one on my back hurt a bit i felt that more.
I had 3 stitches in my back, and was walking like i had pood myself afterwards i was too scared to move :haha: its hurting a little bit today on my back. Have to have a bath tomorrow, and have a soak to take the plasters and dressings off, then back to the doctors on the 14th to have my stitches out.
Wasnt as bad as i thought, i think when they were putting the stitches in was the worst bit because of the pulling, ugh it made me feel ill haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->