Mole removal

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
Ive got a raised mole under and to the side of my left breast.

It's not massive but I don't like it and it's large enought for Evie to fiddle with when she nurses which i hate and I sometimes catch it as its raised and I just don't like it.

About 7 years ago the doctor removed a mole on my neck as I said I didn't like it but when I went recently for this one she said it looks fine and they now don't remove moles for cosmetic reasons on the NHS :(

I really really want it rid.

What would you do?

Put up with it or push for removal???

I would push for it to be removed if you really don't like it, tell the doctor it is being caught all the time which really hurts and is really sore if you scratch it.
I have a big mole on my rib cage that I have considered getting removed. They would probably laugh at me though seen as the last time I saw the dr about it, it was because I thought it was spreading turns out it was just fake tan :dohh:

Can I ask what it was like getting the mole on your neck removed? Did it hurt? I'm really scared of pain and things like that (yes, I know I'll be in labour in 3 months!!!) and I'm a real wuss.
I've got a wobbly mole right on my hair line on the back of my neck and I love having short, boyish hair cuts but I'm so scared a hairdresser will catch the mole that I've grown my hair long now. I always used to tell them about it and none of them did catch it but it was so scary that they might that I've stopped having it short! Do you think they'll cut it off? It's pretty darn wobbly but doesn't hurt or anything.

No it didn't hurt.

I needed it cut out so had a numbing injection and felt a little bit of pulling and it was done.

1 stitch and no problems ;)

I've just been to have two moles removed (the doctor said they were skin tags though) one was a tiny wobbly thing at the bottom of my armpit and one was quite big like the size of a pencil rubber at the bottom of my scalp, i also used to HATE going to the hairdressers because i was afraid they would catch it with their comb and i used to hate if anyone went near it as it's quite sensitive.

I just told my doctor that i'd been getting pain through the mole on my scalp which i had, and i kept catching the one under my armpit with the razor when i shaved and made it bleed a couple of times so he had a look at them and booked me in for an appointment where he injected anaesthetic under both the moles to numb the area (it did sting abit but nothing major), cut them off with a scalpel and then cauterized the skin to stop it bleeding, the scab then drops off and your left with a little white scar :D

Definitely push for removal i'd make something up and tell them that evie's scratched it a couple of times when breastfeeding and made it bleed abit? it's not really for cosmetic reasons when you can't see the mole under your clothes anyway xx

I had exactly the same as the ^^^ with one just below my hairline on the nape of my neck and I was forever paranoid that a hairdresser would snip it off. I had it removed about 2 years ago by quarterisation (spelling??...just means burning off). It was the size of a rubber on end of a pencil too and I'm so happy its gone...quick pain but nothing more. However......I had quite a large one under my armpit/breast which I hated. The Dr also quarterised this off and the pain was terrible...even though I have been numbed. The Dr and nurse were laughing at me as I writhed in pain...I felt stupid but it hurt so much and it took minutes to do and I could smell my own flesh burning. It should have been removed with a scalpel...even I know that!!! The base of it was too large to burn off. Anyway..I was left with a massive hole under my arm that was gross!!!! It went all puss filled and now I have a massive scar (keloid) that is raised and is just as big as the mole!!
My hubby had a big wobbly mole removed off his back last week by the Dr tying it with cotton to cut off the circulation. It was horrid watching it change over the few days before it dropped off. That mole should have been burnt off cos' it only had a small base (even though it was a big mole).
I've got one on my neck at the front that has grown so much in the past 2 years and its gone dark and itchy but the Dr said its ok as it a regular shape...bah! Watch me die of skin cancer...boohoo

:o wirral kitty i'm shocked, both of mine were cut off by scalpel and then burnt to stop the bleeding. If they could see you were in pain he should have stopped and put more anaesthetic under the mole so it was totally numb, when my doctor was doing the one on my scalp he even told me to tell him if i felt the slightest cut/burn as he didn't know if he had got the anaesthetic all the way under. I'd definitely go to a different doctor too about your mole that's changed colour and gone itchy i'm surprised they want to leave it because it's still the same shape, i'd go and tell them that it's painful too, some doctors are such idiots x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->