Mom's that had preeclamcia in their 1st pregnancy. Did you get it again?

ktsl123

Reaction score
I had my Son at 35 weeks and 2 day due to preeclamcia. I want more children, but I am terrified of losing a baby. For those Mom's that got preeclampcia the 1st pregnancy did you get it again with a next pregnancy? What week did you have to deliver?

I had pre-E also and delivered 33+4 however Matthew is my first. I was told that the chances of taking it again reduce in future pregnancies unless you change your partner, in which case you are more likely to take it. I have been told I would have consultant led care for the start, more regular scans and check ups, however depending on what happens at the time I can try for VBAC or elect for a c-section.

When I want to start try for no2 (have been desperate for months now haha) I have to get blood/BP etc taken for a baseline and again as soon as I get a positive result to be closely monitored.

No mention of the risk of early delivery I think it just depends on how early they catch the Pre-E, its severity and the risk to you and baby. Matthew also had IUGR and I had severe pain in the ribs and was being tested for HELLP syndrome when I was told Id be sectioned that day.

Although I have not been through a second pregnancy, I hope that the info I was given is of some help towards you. Good luck for the future x x

i had my LO at 35 +2 due 2 PE, was induced which ended with em c section.
my BP took nearly a year 2 settle down after she was born with medication:growlmad:
my second pg was much better, i had 2 take aspirin from 12 wks and everything was ok till 35 wks again wen BP went up and had 2 stay in hospital 4 a few days but was given labetalol which kept it under control till i had her at 38wks

I had pet but i was extremely fortunate and managed to get to term before i was induced. I was also worried about the chances of having this again with this pregnancy but as the others have said i was also advised that the chances go down for subsequent pregnancies that are with the same partner. Fingers crossed this time i will be ok. xx

i got pre-e at 27 weeks, had an emergency c-section at 30+5, so i am a bit worried about next time too! it was really hard staying in hospital for so long and baby arriving so early.. i can hardly bare to think about getting pregnant again even though i really want another baby. i'll be interested to hear more from mums on their 2nd pregnancy too.

Well thought i would update in here. Have just returned from my booking appt with my mw and have asked her about the chances of me developing pre-e again. She has said that UNLESS i have ahad a change of partners then i could very well develop it again. I am now being consultant led and will be for my whole pregnancy. I will have more antenatel checks and scans and be monitered very closely.
xx

Im 14 weeks pregnant with number 2 and also being under consultant led care. Brooke was born at 32+5.

I had PET very severly and spent nearly a week in intensive care-however the midwives (so far!) have told me that the risk of getting it as severly again is around 1 in 20. Not bad odds I guess :shrug:

Ill let you know next April what happens :lol:

Hiya, I had my Ds at 33 weeks due to severe PET and was in hospital for around 2 months before that.. i am now pregnant again and have been told i am high risk and consultant led but so far my midwofe has been runbbish and hasnt even taken bloods/urine or blood pressure yet (im 13 weeks!!!!) luckily i have a blood pressure monitor at home! I have been told i can try for a VBAC (which i really want to) but if there are ANy complications in the pregnancy will be induced at 37 weeks aty the latest..
Before we TTC this baby i asked my OB and my Doc about the chances of getting Pre-eclampsia again (same partner) but was never able to get a striaght answer...

Hope this helps and fingers crossed we dont get it again!!! x

I was thinking the same so put a post up a few days ago.

Here's the link
https://www.babyandbump.com/gestational-complications/204414-pre-eclampsia-hellp-syndrome.html

Hi sweetie

I think most of us with pre-e have commented most of the newer mummy's here had other complications :hugs: there is a pre-e thread over in gestational complications board im sure maybe a few more success stories over there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->