Mooncup - I need advice, Quickly please!! xx TMI!

Angel806

Reaction score
I bought my mooncup yesterday.

I am having a few problems and was hoping that some of you may be able to help.

I have been using tampax and pads since I started my periods and have recently become allergic to them so needed to change, and it was only when I looked up what else was on the market did I see the great invention of the mooncup and luna pads!
I have made the change as soon as I could, pads are on their way but I have the mooncup now.

I know it sits lower than a tampon but exactly how low is this?
When you brush on the outside of your womanly parts, should you feel the bottom of the cup or the stork? Does the whole of the cup have to be fully inserted?
I have tried various sitting, squatting and even kneeling positions but still it feels very uncomfortable to put it in - even with the two folds that are given on the instructions.

Please someone help me, It feels quite uncomfortable where it is now but takes me ages to adjust it and put it in...

Thanks in advance for the replies xxx

And how do you insert it without it popping open?
I can get it in so far, then it pops open and I can't seem to push it nicely further in, it pops open and comes out.. I seem to be having problems.. it's definitely not comfortable where it is now.. So I need to go and fiddle... again :(

You might get some answers by reading this thread.

https://www.babyandbump.com/girly-sanctuary/603545-mooncup-users-help-please.html

Hope it helps.

xxx

Just got an error code:

Angel806, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

To protect our members; certain functions are restricted to new members until a certain level of activity is maintained on the forum.
You may have not of activated you account yet. You can do this by clicking on the link that was sent to your email account when you signed up (to have your activation email resent Click Here).
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:(

It may have been in girlie sanctuary, if so you need to have 100 posts, sorry didn't think of that!!!

Try going to search at the top and see if you can find any more threads regarding mooncups, although I do know a lot of women use them when trying to conceive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6L-POE-b0

This shows different folding techniques, I use the push down fold, I couldn't get to grips with the C-fold. I also had to completely cut the stem off mine. Also if I can feel mine (uncomfortable) I squeeze the bottom of the cup whilst its still inserted, twist, push up slightly and release.

Hope that helps xxx

Thanks so much, Fantastic advice for a beginner!!! :)

I also can't get along with the C shape fold.. much better with the finger down although finds it takes a while to POP open and when it does it is quite uncomfortable.. I am twisting as it's in there now so think just think I am getting the hang of this.

I must ask though - when it comes to 'bearing down' are you inserting your fingers to find it? Thanks x

do you mean to remove it? If so, i push down a little and squeeze the bottom of the cup to release the suction! You shouldn't have to insert your fingers high. Your mooncup should sit quite low down in your vagina but not protruding out, so u should be able to find it quite easily.

Xxx

Yeah I did mean to remove it.. :)
As it stands I am inserting my fingers around 1 inch inside to get it while I bear down.. is that too high?
I am a complete novice at this... Thank you so much :) x

There is a menstrual cup support forum I lurk around. I can't link to it, but if you google menstrual cup support, it should come up. The cups do take some getting used to, but once you've got the hang of it, they're brilliant!

As for how low it should sit, it should be completely inside you and you shouldn't be able to feel it. If the stem pokes out, you can cut it off. They say it can make removal harder if you cut the stem, but I've never found that. I used my cup for 4 years before getting pregnant, and wouldn't go back to pads and tampons if you paid me!

Wow !! Thanks hun!
I will google that and I can't believe how much getting used to it takes! So it's normal to insert fingers to find it? (hehe!)

I am a complete novice but the last few days I was using it I was finding it very comfortable apart from removal where I had to bear down and insert my fingers to find it...

Can I also ask: During the last day of your cycle - Does ANYONE think it's normal to pass around 2ml clear fluid? Looked like water and didn't smell so it's not infection.

Wondering if anyone else had the fluid thing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->