More Detergent Questions

wannabewillow

Reaction score
Hiya, currently using Persil Small and Mighty (the concentrated stuff) non-bio 1/4-1/2 recommended dose along with Bambino Mio nappy cleaner. Are there any particular brands of non-bio I should avoid? Are powders better that liquid? If using liquid, should I avoid the concentrates and instead go for the normal bigger bottles? Mairi's bottom breaking down for the first time ever :dohh: and I'm concerned it's the detergent, it could be the teething though. I know it's not the nappies and I'm no way giving up. Have put a disposable on overnight so I could slather the Bepanthan (still waiting on my new stuff from Babipur and some fleece liners, should be with me tomorrow).
Cheers all:hugs:

I use less than 1/4 amount of detergent and I strip wash regularly (though am now switching mostly to soap nuts)
how long have you been using your nappies and have they ever been strip washed?

I use Persil small and mighty and find that I don't need to use additional nappy cleaner as well. I do soak the dirty nappies in Napisan, then squeeze them out and put all the nappies in together so I suppose they do transfer a tiny bit of Napisan into the main wash, but I've never found I needed to put extra nappy cleaner in. I would have thought that one or the other would be fine.

Haven't done a strip wash yet. I've only had them a couple of weeks. Think I'm going to do one though. I'll look into soap nuts too. Thanks for the advice. x

How are soap nuts at getting out stains? are there any in particular you recommend? Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->