More information please :)

Amber_Lynn822

Baby Momma!
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!
I've been trying to conceive for five years, and it's amazing what trying for so long does to your views on birth. I literally don't want to miss a second... I think I want a home birth with a midwife (and nurse! My favorite cousin ;) ) I just don't want to get in over my head. I'm looking for ANY and ALL advice to prepare my body, my house, and if there is any thing I can pre-buy.
I've started a weight loss regimen today, I'm going to start yoga. Any insight would be helpful <3

Congratulations :) Home births are amazing and really fun! Find a good hypnobirthing cd (I downloaded hypnobabies) and listen to it every night, or in the tub. Really get into it. I would practice even if I just needed to calm down or was upset about something. Read some Ina May Gaskin books, she has a real knack for making you feel like a capable woman. Prepapre a box of old sheets, pillow cases, towels, and a plastic drop sheet or two for wherever you want to give birth. Get a yoga ball as well, it greatly helps during contractions to continue moving your hips. I was dancing around, squatting, and had lots of relaxing music playing. I believe I pushed Leo out to Bob Marley :). Get to know your birth attendants so that you feel comfortable to get naked from the start, not just when things get most intense. You need to really BELIEVE that you can do it, and that it will be amazing and fun and something really enjoyable to look back on!

Look into having a Doula. :) One on one practical and emotional help during pregnancy and labour and afterwards too if you want it... To help you prepare for birth and support you as you work through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->