Morning sickness, when to go into hospital??

skye93

DS#1 9/1/13 #2 on the way
Reaction score
I haven't kept anything at all down since Sunday night (it is now 8am Tuesday)
Should I go in to the hospital today?
I'm having headaches now, dry eyes, peeing infrequently very small amounts.

If you've gone in for the same thing before how long did they keep you in there?

When i was pregnant i vomitted every single thing i would eat or drink...i didnt go to the hospital at all, my dr/midwife gave me pills that made me stop vomitting.

I have them and they aren't working.

At first he prescribed me one and those didnt work so i told him and he prescribed me others and those did good.

I would go. You probably need an iv for fluids and they can re evaluate your meds.

Currently laying in hospital, took 5 tries to get IV in veins collapsed :(

Currently laying in hospital, took 5 tries to get IV in veins collapsed :(

Hope you feel better soon hun :( I am having this dilemma myself but trying to carry on at home, really don't want to be laid up in hospital but I'm not being sick constantly now just can't eat anything so don't know if it even warrants a hospital visit. What have they said?

I ended up having 3 bags of fluid & Ondansetron through the IV. It took 5 goes to get the drip in ad my veins had collapsed.
On 8mg Ondansetron 3x a day now. But can only be prescribed 4 at a time so lots of OB visits.

Good you went in, I had hyperemesis and had to be admitted on a few occasions.

Hope you start to feel better, I know how horrible it is to be that bad.

I have Hyperemesis and was always told that if I couldn't keep a sip of water down then I should go in, as you'll get horribly be hydrated very quickly! I find that if I have a headache and can't keep water down, then I need to be in hospital...a couple of times vomiting and I can't function at all :(

I have HG too, and have been admitted 3 times because of it. Ondansetron is the only thing that works for me, it has been such a life saver! Hope you start to feel better son hun xx

I know how awful that is, glad you were able to get some help. I'm on ondansetron also, I hope it brings you some relief!

I'm glad you went in. Have you heard of HG? Maybe they can give you something to help with the vomiting?

Have you tried eating just plain, dry crackers or some chicken soup? I found this was the only thing I could keep down when suffering from Alcohol Poisoning when I was younger. Sorry, still WTT for number one so not much experience on the morning sickness, but just thought I'd mention!

Have you tried eating just plain, dry crackers or some chicken soup? I found this was the only thing I could keep down when suffering from Alcohol Poisoning when I was younger. Sorry, still WTT for number one so not much experience on the morning sickness, but just thought I'd mention!

Unfortunately when you suffer from HG, your body rejects absolutely everything you put into it, it's pretty horrendous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->