mosquitos

Shri

Reaction score
the little buggers are very abundant where I live and they love my blood - I can't go outside without covering every part of me and then I still somehow get bites.

What can I use that is safe during pregnancy - both as a deterrant and to sooth the bites I have. I've been dabbing them with lemon juice which helps for about 1 second.

They are making me miserable.:cry:

The one thing I do not miss about Michigan!

I've been getting some conflicting info. on DEET. Depending on who you talk to regular bug sprays like Off are probably safe. There's also a spray that you can use on your grass that others swear by... gonna try and find it for ya.

I live in MOSQUITO country for sure!!!!! Use bug screens in bedroom, poor dogs cannot stay out for long, but my chickens are feasting!!! haha
I hate bug spray so I try not to use it..BUT am now covered in itchies!!!!!

Deet has low % in most sprays but i am not sure. You could always just use spray on clothing, socks, shoes, hats, ect...just hold your breath while spraying.
Definately ask your dr. ( maybe look up some natural herbal remidies before you ask as well)

I hope to be preg soon and we get mosquios, lack flies, deer flies, and noseeums most of the summer. So I will have to look into it as well!!!!

I did use a bit of citronella based repellant last night, just on the part of me that were uncovered (hands and ankles) and it didn't seem to work at all, I looked down and saw my white trousers covered in mozzies.

I am just going to have to get one of those bee-keeper suits if I need to go outside! Although I don't suppose they make maternity versions! LOL!

Do you use unscented soap ( laundry and body)....I have everything unscented except shampoo....very hard to find.
Thats the main problem smelling good!!!!!
I have a bug jacket with detachable hood....I wear the hat when i garden.
I think they'll be gone soon so I cand start tanning and not loo like i have chicken pox!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->