mother facing jail for refusing to send daughter to school

marley2580

Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-isolation-unit-breaches-human-rights.html

A mother is at war with her daughter’s school after the teenage girl was sent to an isolation room for a day for an offence she did not commit.
Teachers had suspected Faye Allen of playing truant, but later discovered she had been out of lessons with a headache.
Her mother Pam, 48, complained about her punishment in the ‘humiliating and degrading’ unit which she said was ‘like a prison cell’.

She then withdrew the 16-year-old from class in protest.
Now education bosses have written to the former soldier to warn that she could be jailed unless her only child returns to lessons immediately.

Personally I think she's right, her daughter was punished for a crime she didn't commit in, what seems to me to be a out of proportion way.

I agree with the majority of comments after that article..........although she she was wrongly punished is just way OTT..........she has a record attendence of 90% which is no way excellant thats one day off every two weeks for a year!!........my eldest daughter has had 3 days off school in 2 and a half years!!!!.....so i can see what they thought she was playing traunt.....children are getting it way too easy these days and parents just go to extremes......i had to do my gcse english exam in a broom cupboard because i turned round and asked a friend for a pencil (and talking was forbidden)........god help teachers if they did that these days LOL. they should be apologised to yes but That girl should be at school, if her mother isnt sending her then she should go to jail. x

I disagree with sending the mother to jail. Do I think the girl should be in school? Yes. But jail? For doing what she believes is best for her child? No.
I disagree with a lot of the choices people make for their children(I wont list any of them since they could be seen as inflammatory), but it's their choice to make, and I wouldn't have them jailed for it.

Back in the old days, 16 years old would dropout and even start a family. So why are they sending the mother to jail anyway? Unless the mother is going against the child's will. 16 years old will skip school (with or without parent's permission)f they feel it is too much.so the school isn't really being fair.

Is homeschooling allowed in the uk? If so, then the mother should be held responsible to either be officially homeschooling the daughter, or sending her to school. If she doesn't like the school, she should have the right to send her daughter to another school, but at her own expense in regards to transportation.

I think either her mother needs to homeschool her and now, register her in another school or send her back asap. Seems a bit OTT especially when her daughter is at such an important time of education with exams coming up.

Why is the mother being so stubborn? I hardly think one day in isolation is like being in a prison cell. The whole story is a bit OTT and at the end of the day it is the child's education that is important here. I don't think the mum should go to jail, but I also think she should sent the kid back to school. Simples.

why not just homeschool like thousands of children are?

I think she should be in school, or if that such an issue then home school her, but she cant be kept home because she wasn't treated right, i mean, you cant just not turn up at work if someone treats you wrong, there are procedures you can take just like there are with the school.

It sounds way OTT to me, and even if she was ill then there would be procedures she shouldn't of taken and not just skipped class. Again you can just walk out at work if your not well without going through the right channels.

I have worked at a school and its shocking how little some kids go to school and how badly it will effect them for the rest of their lives.

I think the school should apologise and the mother should put her back in school or educate her elsewhere, its not worth going to jail for and prisons are already crowded enough.

Where I live if a child misses too much school the parent goes to jail. I think it's so wrong that the parents get punished for the child's "crime" If we watch our kids get on the bus to go to school and when the kids get there they walk away from school we the parents go to jail...crazy huh!! This mom should put the child back in school because she is teaching her daughter wrong!! This is life and sometimes we get in trouble for things we didn't do, should we just stay home..NO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->