Mother in law from HELL!!!

Kaileymonster

Mammy and bump
Reaction score
Neither me or OH like our mother's names, my mum is fine with us not using her name in babies name but MIL is FUMING!!!

originally we picked Indie-Marie .... which was beautiful until we heard other people say it and then hated it. so we changed it to Indie-Layla.

Now MIL is devastated and wants us to have Marie as her middle name, we've already settled on Indie-Layla Jessica Ryan as her name... adding Julie and Marie would ruin it, in my opinion.

any ideas on how I could make her happy? Or do I tell her to shove off?

tell her to shove it

i could understand if you where using one parents name and not the other, but its your child and you dont have to name her after either

That was my thinking, If I used hers, I'd feel obliged to use my mum's as well. Think I'll just stick to what we like and stuff her!! :)

It's your baby, so you choose her name - your mil has had her turn! We are planning to use hubby's auntie's (mil's sister) middle name (May) as our baby's middle name, and are pretty sure mil will be miffed we didn't use hers, but hubby was very close to his auntie who passed away a couple of years ago and he wants to use her name, plus we like the name better and it goes with the first name we chose, so she will just have to get over it. Apparently the biggest reason people regret name choices is because they were pressured by someone into using a name they didn't really want to, so don't let that happen to you x

stick to your guns, its your baby not hers! she had her chance when she named her children. Go with what you love! you don't want to regret the decision you made x

It saves another argument if we don't use her name either. My sister in law wants to use it if she has a girl.

Think I'll take your advice and stick to my guns!

my mum had the same issue with naming me and I HATE my name. Don't want my daughter to go through the same thing.

xxx

Definitely shove it - your baby - you pick her name end of :) x

Use the name you both want - mil will get over it!

We are using my grandfathers name as a middle name. I asked my OH if he wanted to add his grandfathers name also but because his grandfathers name is also my dad's name and my husband middle name, he did not want to do that because of his dad.

My husband knows how close i am to my grandfather so he was more than happy to let me put his name as the middle.

Austin Dom-Wallace

We had Grandfathers with my little boy because My two have passed away and my OH is exceptionally close to his... this time though I don't want grandmothers as they're all J's and it sounds ridiculous and our mothers names are super old fashioned!!! xx

Tell her to ram it. Having a child named after you is an honour, not a right. It's a choice that the parents make and it's a true priviledge, not something that can or should be demanded.

Having a child named after you is an honour, not a right.
Best quote on this thread.

DD has my mother's (and my little sister's) middle name. The first girl born on DH's side of the family had MIL's middle name. I figure now it's been used and there's no need to "honor" MIL again.

I'll just tell her she can wait until one of her girls has a girl and leave it at that. My mum just wants me to pick a name that we both like!

This is why we don't tell anyone the name until the baby is here and its all said and done! Definitely go with the name you want! It's your LO.

Sorry but this is ridiculous of your MIL. I can't imagine one day when my daughter is grown and choosing a name for her own baby, insisting that she put MY name in there somewhere. Very selfish. Please dont do it; youll have regrets.

Sounds like your MIL needs to grow up and get over herself.
MrsClark24 summed it up perfectly.
Stick to your guns Hun. This is your bubba.... Not hers. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"