Mother of 27 weeker

AshtonsMom

Reaction score
I am the mother of a Baby boy born at 27 wks at 883 grams(about 1lb 15 oz) hes Now 32 wks and is
doing great breathing on his own
And currently being fed breastmilk no complications any other mothers have children born around 27 wks
How long did your baby stay in the nicu? At what gestational age was your child first givin a bottle or the breast?

Congratulations!

Our first was 27+4, it was around 32 weeks we put her to breast but only to introduce her, she couldn't suck at all! A few weeks layer she did but never took to it. We continued to express but by she got home I felt the best for us all was to move to formula. She suffered (and still does) from reflux and it was so bad I wouldn't have been able to keep up!

Hello *waves over the pond*

My little boy was 29 weeks so not a good comparison, but I just wanted to welcome you over to the B&B Premmie forum :kiss:

hiya :wave:

just wanted to add my cogratulations and welcome my lo was born at 33 weeks so not as early, sounds like he is doing great already look forward to the odd update when you get a chance xx

My LO was born on Saturday at 27 + 3 at the same weight. Will be following this thread for any info :)

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! Already breathing on his own, that`s very good :thumbup:

My son was born at 27+0 - there`s quite a few moms to 27 weeker`s here, it seems to be a good number :haha: He weighed 1lb4oz, the weight of a 23 weeker. The doctors were very pessimistic, he had every possible complication preemies can have,and despite it all he`s doing great, he`s now a chatty, happy 15 month old :cloud9:

He was in nicu for 105 days. He didn`t breathe on his own until his due date or so, but he had many pulmonary issues. I started breastfeeding him around err 34 weeks (not exactly sure now), it took a bit a time (and some nipple shields) for him to get the idea haha. But eventually things went smoothly and I breastfed almost exclusively.

Keep us updated! Don`t hesitate if you have any questions the moms here are great

Thanks everyone , hes doing really good hes 3lbs , not sure when i can see if he is able to latch on yet but i will defly ask tommorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->