Mothercare MyChoice (3 wheeler)

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
We've just put our deposit down on the Mothercare My3 and although i do love it, i've been umming and aahhing for ages so we thought it best to just put a deposit down rather than buying completely, in case i change my mind again. i initially wanted the Silvercross 3D crossover, then we were gonna go for a Quinny, now we're settled on this. We've got it in red, with the Cappuccino Maxi Cosi car seat.
Does anyone have this pram? How do you rate it? Would you recommend it? Any comments good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.xx

https://bd.lilypie.com/IJibp1.png

I had the 4 wheeler but just changed to a pliko pramette. It's great with the car seat on the chassis but everytime I came to put the seat unit on...it just hit me how big the whole thing looked!!! So I personally wanted a smaller one. BUT - it IS a great pram!!

I have this pram a 3 wheeler in red and it is fab!! it is easy to fold down you can remove the wheels if you need to (i do it gives you that bit more room in the boot to put prambed in on top) they are so easy to remove and put back on.
Its great as a travel system too! i too have the maxi cosi car seat and it looks really smart.
It is so nice and smooth to push.

As my DS is now in his cot i put the moses matress in the pram now as it only comes with a liner which is a little padded.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me any questions x

I have the mothercare my3 and the maxi cosi carseat. It's lovely and sturdy, easy to collapse, (and I'm woefully impractical) once you take the wheels off it collapses small. Great for offroad and if you live in the country as I do. It also looks more expensive than it is (I have it in black.)

Quinny actually make these for mothercare.

Negatives - you have to take the seat unit off to collapse it. Also the seat unit when laid flat does not work as a stand alone carry cot which is quite annoying.

Not so good for city living or public transport though, as it is not the smallest so for that I would spend the same-ish money on a Bugaboo Bee.

To sum up though, I would say it is a brilliant value travel system and IMO as good as other 'brand name' systems without the hefty price tag.

I have the Mothercare My3 and love it. We were originally getting the Silvercross 3D, but glad we went for the My3 instead. It is so light in comparison and easy to move about, plus is very handy when you can just click the carseat on to it so you dont have to disturb baby. Really recommend this.

I love the lime green as it has a fab inside pattern but think I would be fed up of it a couple of months down the line so going for practical grey!

Just have to share that at the weekend i went to the woods with SIL and the 3 wheeler was fab on the rough terrane!! it was so easy to manage and gripped really well :)

oooh, now I am confused. We looked at the Mychoice 3 yesterday and like it, it seemed quite small and light (good for me as I am a short arse! :blush:).

Just looked on the Mothercare site this morning and it didn't get good reviews. People said the seat and handle get stuck and the handle scratches really easily. Also the bag on it is tiny and the pram wasn't comfy. This had put me off and I had just decided not to get it.

After reading this thread, maybe its not so bad though! Its a shame it sounds like you can't use the pram bit off the chassis, in the house though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->