Mothercare prices!!

laura109

Reaction score
Does anyone else think its a shame that the only major shop dedicated to baby shopping is so expensive?? I got my pram
From there with dd and we went to the Nottingham branch today to look at buggy boards, bedding, essentials and maybee a couple of toys. Well we were disappointed at the prices. 3 bibs for £7 £16ish for muslin cloths. £5 for one vest with a slogan. £10 for a sleepsuit. We were absolutely shocked at the prices but begrudgingly paid £5 for 2 cotton hats and got 2 sleepsuits in 2 for £10 offer which was good. We have agreed to get sheets abd bedding, blankets bibs cloths and changing mat from asda. Surely alot of people feel the same way as us. We arnt skint but it seems ridiculous as the quality is no better than other places, how fo they stay open?? They have such beautiful clothes but so pricey

I think a lot of people go in to look at car seats/prams etc and end up buying other things while they're there, or just buy them there out of the convenience. I looked at my car seat and pram in there but bought them much cheaper online. And also at their expectant parent evenings there is a lot of shopping going on! I get clothes from supermarkets and bigger things from aldi's baby events, I agree mothercare clothes are so overpriced!

I think it's very expensive I'm Mothercare. I didn't buy much in there and got it from other shops like Asda.

I barely ever buy from Mothercare. The clothes really aren't even that nice. If I ever use them, it's only during their sales when I order stuff online and collect in store. Nearly ALL my son's clothes are from Primark and always have been! Asda is also good and I've had some cute clothing buys from Tesco too (but Tesco online offering is crap). For non-clothes buys like buggies and bathing stuff I mostly used Argos and will do the same this time. Mothercare is a waste of space! Supermarket/Primark all the way.

I go to Baby Factory here in NZ. They are really well priced for a store that deals soley in baby supplies. I think I can pick up a solid pine cot for $400 and it converts into a toddler bed which in the long run, will be saving me some serious money. Will sell the one we have and get 2 so we have one for DS3 and baby. The only think I am really picky about is bottles and binkies as I like Nuk. But there are just so damn expensive here it's cheaper to buy from Amazon and pay International shipping as it still works out cheaper.

Baby clothes I refuse to pay big money for especially when they grow so fast. I do a lot of bargin hunting with the end of season sales.

I'm waiting for Asda baby event in sept/oct to get a lot of the basics like bobs bests muslin cloths etc and perhaps mothercare or toys r us for pram. Mothercare is ridiculously overpriced I felt

Hm I do disagree about the quality. I find the stuff to be well worth it and wash very well. I agree the prices for muslins and bibs are OTT for what they are used for so I choose to buy the majority of them in Asda or primark.

Primark I find the stuff looks nice but the quality fades rapidly after repeated washing. My preference for baby stuff is next, mothercare and H&M for outfits. Asda for sleepsuits and bits and bobs are primark for the likes of muslins and bibs.

I also really rate mamas and papas but that is definitely one expensive shop so I wait for their regular sales!

Its sooo expensive. Quality wise i did have vests and sleepsuits from there with my first baby and agree the quality was good but i cant justify £14 per outfit when he will wear it for 6 weeks lol. Id be skint if i got my kids there clothes from there as a whole. If they made things abit cheaper id bet they would sell loads more. I noticed nobody had there arms full of stuff. I suppose some people have more money than me though and i suppose it comes down to that. I find asda has such good quality blankets etc so I'll definitely go to them.

It is on the expensive side but honestly for clothes I think it's worth it as they wash so well and really hold up unlike primark and George. I don't think the prices differ much to. Ext and I love their stuff too. I do buy bits from supermarkets but most of this little guys clothes are next or mothercare. M&s do some lovely bits too.

We tend to get baby clothes like t-shirts and dresses etc from John Lewis as the prices are comparable to mothercare but to me the clothes feel nicer and better quality. Bodysuits etc we get on sale from mother are or from Tesco usually. Bibs are clearance from Tesco and they've held up really well!

I'd pop in to view then go elsewhere to buy! Had some good offers at Mother Care but their full price tags can be shocking!

I went in there the other day to have a look around and the prices are ridiculous imo. We aren't broke either but I cannot justify spending that much on things that I can go to supermarkets and get for a fraction of the price.

A lot of my son's baby clothes, and his clothing now in honesty are Primarni and I've had no issues with them. They've certainly been in good enough condition to pass on to others once Logan had grown out of it thats for sure.

Bedding wise, we get ours from Tesco/Asda and for our pram and nursery set up we will be going to a local independent store who is offering travel system, car seat, cot, Moses basket and all bedding for £500. It pays to look at these independent retailers sometimes rather than sticking to the big brand names like Mothercare.

I do think the clothes are worth it quality-wise. I've just sorted Lucas's old baby clothes and stuff from Mothercare, M&S, Next etc were still in perfect condition after 6/7 years in storage whereas Asda, Primark etc were falling to bits and hard to get clean.

We're going there for our travel system too because the customer service in our local store is fantastic and they've been really helpful for us in picking one. After 5 years in retail I absolutely cannot be that person who demos instore and buys cheaper online. I just can't do it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->