Motherhood Maternity Clothes (USA)

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Anyone who has shopped there i need an opinion...this is my first time buying online without trying clothes on first so im a bit worried ill have to return and make exchanges..were you happy with your purchase from there? Im a size 8-9 (pants) prepregnancy which i guess would be a medium and ive always worn small-medium shirts prepregnacy. Im still able to fit into my size 9 pre pregnancy jeans (just cant button them due to my bump and they are uncomfortable) but none of my shirts fit anymore not even my medium sized maternity shirts. Should i get my prepregnancy sized pants and go a size up in my shirts? Or should i stick with my prepregnancy size in both and hope to god they fit? I only planned to get one pair of jeans/jeggings, one pair of black capri leggings, a cardigan or 2, 4 tank tops, and a couple of nice shirts for when we go out to eat or to family things. Also, for having a big bump what kind of panel should i get for my pants i want something that will work post pardum too...ive been looking at side panels and under belly panels would those be comfortable? I dont like anything "tight" on my bump it gets really hot and annoying! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!! I swear ive been going over the list in my cart making changes and reading a MILLION reviews because im so nervous about shopping online and not being happy with my purchase.

I've been fine in my prepregnancy sizes so far. Though mine were all bought secondhand at Once Upon A Child...don't think it makes a difference. Only thing now is I'm starting to have to go up a size in my shirts because my boobs have grown so much through the pregnancy and the shirts aren't covering everything anymore!

Tbh I wouldn't buy any shirts from there they r overpriced I think. I got all my shirts from target online. All of the liz lange maternity shirts r rly rly cute and fit great n are a lot less expensive! I have 3 or 4 xs shirts and 3 small shirts. My pre preg size is xs. I also was given a few medium shirts which r comfy if i want something a little loose.

I have two pairs of jeans from motherhood one pair of dark skinny jeans with the big over-the-belly band. They r comfy n fit well but the belly band gets itchy and hot so I usually roll it down. And tbh how that im so big I dont even like wearing jeans rly I pretty much always wear leggings or sweats or yoga pants lol.
The other pair of jeans I have from there I LOVE. They r grey flares n r super stretchy so its almost like wearing yoga pants. They just have an elastic waist that sita under the bump which I find a lot more comfortable and nothing is there to get itchy. If I wasn't so far id probably get another pair. Ill see if I can find them on the website and post a link.

Oh and the jeans were all in my pre preg size the skinnies r a petite xs and the flares r either a xs or a small

They fit snug like pre preg jeans but not uncomfortable on my bump.. but if u want something looser id go a size up

I have 3 work pants (dressier, cute) from there for when I was still working. They were true to pre-pregnancy size for me. I could only wear the ones a few time that Had what I think is what you referred to as under the belly panel..... For me those became uncomfortable because I prefer the stretchy part that comes up to under my breasts. The 2 pants that have the stretchy part that goes over my bump are the two pants I liked the most while I was still working. Keep in mind I'm with twins and have a large bump. The shirt I got is like a cute collar stretchy knitted like top and it stretches nicely with my bump. I wore the top for my baby showers and work and still do if I want to be cute.
Make sure you use coupons from their email list or promo codes because it sounds like you might be spending $100+ which is what the discount coupons I saw we're for.
So all and all they were true to size for me and overall good quality, a bit nicer than old navy maternity. Does that help?

Vmrs, where did you find preggy yoga pants? Motherhood? That's the one thing I can't find and have wanted this whole second and third tri.

I've bought a bunch of shirts from there all pre-preg size and they fit great. I've also bought thier maternity underwear and bursing bras which are also wonderful.

I wouldn't get pants online. They are built so differently from pair to pair. Some of one size will fit me while I need to go up a size or two on others. Shirts have been pretty much what I would normally wear (though I may need some really big ones for the end since my belly is getting really large).

Tbh I wouldn't buy any shirts from there they r overpriced I think. I got all my shirts from target online. All of the liz lange maternity shirts r rly rly cute and fit great n are a lot less expensive! I have 3 or 4 xs shirts and 3 small shirts. My pre preg size is xs. I also was given a few medium shirts which r comfy if i want something a little loose.

I have two pairs of jeans from motherhood one pair of dark skinny jeans with the big over-the-belly band. They r comfy n fit well but the belly band gets itchy and hot so I usually roll it down. And tbh how that im so big I dont even like wearing jeans rly I pretty much always wear leggings or sweats or yoga pants lol.
The other pair of jeans I have from there I LOVE. They r grey flares n r super stretchy so its almost like wearing yoga pants. They just have an elastic waist that sita under the bump which I find a lot more comfortable and nothing is there to get itchy. If I wasn't so far id probably get another pair. Ill see if I can find them on the website and post a link.

I've gotten the most complements from my Motherhood Maternity shirts. The cheaper places don't really have the dressier shirts. I've never paid full price though. I either get them at the outlet store or on clearance at the regular store or Macy's. I haven't paid more than $25 for one and most have been well under that.

Vmrs, where did you find preggy yoga pants? Motherhood? That's the one thing I can't find and have wanted this whole second and third tri.

I have one pair from liz lange maternity from target and the rest r from victorias secret I just went up a size and got the ones with the big rollover bands n just keep it rolled up over my belly :)

I have 3 work pants (dressier, cute) from there for when I was still working. They were true to pre-pregnancy size for me. I could only wear the ones a few time that Had what I think is what you referred to as under the belly panel..... For me those became uncomfortable because I prefer the stretchy part that comes up to under my breasts. The 2 pants that have the stretchy part that goes over my bump are the two pants I liked the most while I was still working. Keep in mind I'm with twins and have a large bump. The shirt I got is like a cute collar stretchy knitted like top and it stretches nicely with my bump. I wore the top for my baby showers and work and still do if I want to be cute.
Make sure you use coupons from their email list or promo codes because it sounds like you might be spending $100+ which is what the discount coupons I saw we're for.
So all and all they were true to size for me and overall good quality, a bit nicer than old navy maternity. Does that help?

I signed up to get emails and hopefully they'll send me some promos and coupons because im up past $100 because of there pants and dressy shirts...tank tops were only $10 buy 3 get the 4th free so that was a deal i couldnt pass up. But yes that definitely helps i had a full cart at old navy then i found motherhood and got the EXACT same stuff and it was way cheaper and way better looking stuff!

Thank you guys very much you all helped me some! Im going to size up on my shirts just to be safe and make sure the pants are a stretchy material...still going to fight myself over the panel though probably go with side panel since i found a pair for 30% off that were pretty nice looking..

Decided not to even bother with jeans and got a couple pairs of leggings instead! Im more of lounger (though i go to school but idc what i look like there the only man i have to impress understands pregnancy is uncomfortable and loves the way my bottom looks in leggings!!!) and if we end up going out to eat or to the theatre or with family in public you can always put a decent shirt with leggings and turn it into a pretty dressy outfit! Plus after i have the baby my body is going to go through so many changes whether i gain more weight or lose a ton of it...id rather stick with some cheap comfy things than wasting money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->