Moving across the country for a school?

mummy2o

Reaction score
I have a massive dilemma on my hands right now. I watched a program on autism last night and how ABA therapy helps children, its a 50/50 split and no schools in my area offer this that I know. So the question is do I move across the country and send DS to what I find a good school which does exams and possibly send bump there too as I'm still pretty sure she'll have autism due to genetics my side. Or stay here and send them to an ok second choice which doesn't do GCSE's, and he might not get in. OH is a game designer and owns his own studio and works from home so he's not to worried where we end up, I'm currently retraining to be a maths teacher, which I can do in either city. So should I move away from family and friends who help out with DS, just so he can go to a better school but be away from my mum who he has a good relationship with? I don't mind holding off the move for a year or two anyway as we're already moving around Christmas and I don't want to move again so quickly with a baby, or until DS at least finishes him last year in mainstream school.

We moved to another country (Australia to Canada) to access a specific program for our son. We no longer do it but it gave us hope at the time. We live in a rural area where there aren't any good options for him on a daily basis so we are thinking of moving to a larger center so that we have more options for him. It's a very personal decision and I would go with your gut. Good luck!

I agree - it is a decision only you can really make. When we were first looking at options for my son (before we knew if he would be able to attend a regular school) we decided that for us it would be worth it to move across the country where better help was offered. We had the same dilemma about family vs school/resources for him. We never ended up having to go through with it though, as he is currently doing pretty well where he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->