moving from hospital to an active birth centre

bumpy_j

Reaction score
hi!

Today I went in for my 2nd sweep being 4 days overdue at my local active birth centre (High Wycombe) and was offered the opportunity to give birth there. i've had a real fight to get midwife led care due to my age (18), my pre-pregnancy BMI (18) and that i was born with bilateral hip dysplacia - although i got this fixed as a baby it can be hereditary. I was under consultant led care but my midwife tried and succeeded to get my water birth booked at the local hospital (Stoke Mandeville), however was turned down for a place at Wycombe until today. I really would love to give birth at the active birth centre as it's all new and refurbished, has everything you really need bar the epidurals but has anyone had an experience of both a hospital and an ABC and found them to be completely different experiences? i'm a bit frightened of being so far away from an epidural or an emergency c section (its around a 20minute ambulance journey apart) but if an active birth centre experience is a completely beneficial one I may go for the natural option! thanks :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->