Moving on to different formula stages

Willow01

Reaction score
My boy is 11 months and currently drinks Cow and Gate stage 1 formula. He is eating solids well. I know that at age 1 we start to introduce full fat cows milk but any question is how many cup falls per day? I am also planning on moving to Cow and Gate growing up milk so how many bottles would I be expecting him to take in a day if he is drinking cows milk too?x

I would recommend thinking of cow's milk and formula as the same in terms of volume. So if he currently drinks 3 bottles of formula, then expect him to probably drink 3 bottles or cup fulls of milk/formula. We switched completely to cow's milk at 1, but if you want to continue to use formula while also adding in cow's milk, then the quantity would be the same if that makes sense. So if he currently has 3 bottles of formula, you might offer a cup/bottle of cow's milk in the morning and then 2 cups/bottles of formula in the afternoon and at bedtime - or whatever amount you usually do. The amounts will gradually decrease over time anyway and then you can make a decision if you switch completely to cow's milk or continue to use formula (you don't need to use formula, btw, and there's no real benefit to it if you'd rather use cow's milk). By 14 months, my daughter was only having a cup of cow's milk at bedtime, then the rest of her dairy she gets in porridge/cereal or yogurt during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->