moving over here soonish

Shazzy-babee

mummy
Reaction score
i spoke to my hv the other day (as soon as i got hold of her lol) because shaya has been wanting more milk (have been giving her 6oz 5 times a day) my hv advised me to try her with 7oz instead of 6oz which i have been, her feeding has been a lill different like some time she would be leaving 2oz and 1, sometimes finishin the lot,im gonna hold on feedin her just milk as long as i feels shaya is satifised (sp?) (and my hv tells me to lol)

anyhoooo
what do i need like how many spoons/bowls ect?
any good adivce for me when i do start?
what do you feel is the best brands to buy?
can you switch brands?? (i know you should with forumla)
(blonde one here) but do u sterlize everything after using it?

any more advice welcome

thank yoou :flower:

what do I need like how many spoons/bowls ect?
I have 4 bowls and about 8 spoons (tommee tipee)..you can get different size spoons, so at first I had quite small ones until she was about 10 months when I got larger ones with a shorter handle which is easier for her to hold.
I started with the Tommee Tippee First Cup, which is free flow, now she also has the Explora which has a very gentle no spill valve on - very useful!
I regularly buy a box of the Avent Via pots - I find these really useful for warming food up, or milk for her breakfast etc. Also great to store food in the freezer! They do different sets - this is a good one to start with https://www.boots.com/en/Philips-Avent-VIA-Gourmet-Set_21694/

or this https://www.boots.com/en/Philips-AVENT-Weaning-Set_1014069/

although now I buy just the big ones - they last a good few months but after heating food in the microwave they do eventually start to look a bit rough so I just get new ones then.

any good adivce for me when i do start?
if you start earlier than 6mth then chances are you will be doing puree - its easier to make them, then you can store them in small containers (some use ice cubes, although I found these too small for what Izzy ate)..if you buy pots at the start you may find you waste lots as they do often start with tiny amounts.

what do you feel is the best brands to buy?
Of pots? Or bowls etc?
When I buy pots of food I only buy organic, mainly Hipp, sometimes Boots.
Of bowls etc I like the Tommee Tippee range, they do most things like bowls, cups, spoon, and the sucker thing to hold the bowl down

can you switch brands?? (i know you should with forumla)
Yes - you can feed your LO any brand, its all food at the end of the day...if you make your own its better as you know whats going in it.

(blonde one here) but do u sterilize everything after using it?
Yes/No - depends where you read, some say sterilise til 12 month, some say 6 mth - personally I went with 6 months. SO long as everything is cleaned in very hot water and anti bacterial washing liquid they should be fine.

any more advice welcome
Bibs - I got really cheap white plastic backed bibs from Asda - these are great! Also full bibs with arms - Sainsbury's do good ones.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->