Moving to own room?

KarenLV

Reaction score
I'm scared to move my son to his own room....I know its about time but I just dont have the energy for all the crying that will happen.Any tips or advice?

We started to move Colton to his own room recently. The only things I suggest:
make sure you have a good bedtime routine. I give Colton a bath everynight and within the hour he is getting sleepy and ready for bed.
Also, dont just put him in there because "its bedtime" wait until he is tired. Colton normally starts wanting a cuddle, and will start closing/rubbing his eyes, so I know thats when he is tired. It results in alot less crying, well, did for us anyway. Colton never cried for more than 30 minutes, and honestly, I dont think I could have dealt with it much longer than that.
Hope it goes smoothly for you.

Jay was 15 weeks when we moved him into his own room and I was dreading it, but he was much better than I expected. He did cry a bit more for the first few nights but was settled within a week, and now sleeps much better than before :D

Perhaps you could start by putting Skyler into his own room for his naps so he can get used to his room?

Good luck :hug:

xx

We moved Addison when she was 4 months old. I was really worried, but she didn't even notice a difference. It was awesome. And it was good for us too because we got our room back. I didn't have to tippy toe around anymore

I moved Lola into her own room at 4 months. I'm not gonna lie, it was a difficult transition for us and I was ready to give up at one point but after a week or so it got much better and she is now sleeping through :D

I agree with MarchBaby, make sure there is a bedtime routine and for the fist few days it helped that I stayed with her until she fell asleep then left.

when i put tommy in his own room i was really worried as i thought he would play up and id be up and down like a yo yo but he was really good..goes straight off to sleep, yes he wakes up when he looses his dummy once or twice but thats it...he wakes up about 6 now though as daddy was a goon and bought him into our bed for an hour so now he has gotten into that routine!! sometimes he does go back to sleep til 8/9 so thats quite nice for bf as im taking maddy to school i dont ever get the benefit of that though!!

h x

With Jasper I started putting him into his own cot for a couple of day sleeps... and then all his day sleep, and now he goes into his own cot at the start of the night (and finishes in bed with me!)

I'm happy where things stand ATM as when he starts sleeping through, he'll just naturally end up in his own cot all night... and maybe just have morning snuggles!

Valerie is currently co-sleeping with my husband and I and we've been talking about getting her into her own room. We've waited this long; so I've been doing some research and heard that the worst time to move a baby into their own room is between 13 and 18 months. I have no idea why; but we plan on doing it before the 12 month mark. I'm not sure I could handle listening to Valerie cry...but we're going to start with her taking naps in the crib and move on from there. Let me know how you get on and if you have any advice. :)

Good luck... You never know, He may suprise you and take the move well. I agree with making sure you have a good bedtime routine... Perhaps put a shirt of yours in with him to snuggle up to. Or make sure that he has something that comforts him with him.

Cormack has naps in his room now and I hope that's going to help when we decide to move him! I'm hoping I'll sleep better as at the moment I wake up at every sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->