Moving to Perth

sarahjl

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 15 wks pregnant with number two and we are hoping to move to Perth in JuneJuly 09 from the UK. I just have a few questions about maternity care, buying baby bits etc etc!!!! We are looking to live around Mandurah/Rockingham, what is the antenatal and postnatal care like? Also where are good places to buy baby bits, eg bottles, buggies, car seats, moses basket etc without spending a small fortune!! Really appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me.
Cheers!
Sarah

I'm not sure about Mandurah but my brother had 4 kids down that way and they are all fine :p

Good places to buy..my memory is shot from sleep deprivation but I'll look at my receipts. We buy some stuff off the net too...but there isn't a lot of difference. I know where all the 24 hour chemists are if that helps?

When we bought our car seat for bub we bought online then discovered that we could have bought locally and they would have come round and fitted it for the same price!

By the way, its now law that kids need a seat until age 6 in Aus I think. There is a great place in Perth that checks your seat out for you if you were silly enough to fit it yourself (like me...) I'll try and remember what it was called.

Whats a moses basket? I guess its a biblical looking thing for floating babies down rivers or is that an ark shaped basket? The Swan river isn't very big so not much call for them here:p

What a shame you didnt get many replies to your questions :dohh:

I too am looking for answers to your questions :flower: How are you getting on in WA? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->