MRI scan whilst NTNP

londonbird

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hope you can help!! I have an MRI on Saturday, got my jewellry removed today and all ready. Then was reading over the questionare which says "Are you pregnant or is there any chance you could be"

well my period isnt due until Friday/Saturday...

Should I say something or just assume not??? Dont want to miss my MRI been waiting since March for it!!

I am hopeless with knowing whats okay and what isnt!! Any help would be ace. Hope this is okay

R xx

I would test to be sure as I had one when 8dpo and its caused no end of worry.

Yeah I'd say do a test with FMU before you go, just to make sure. x

Thanks guys, I have only had one period since off the pill so not sure when it should come or anything

Will do one Saturday morning

Unless AF arrives before your scan tell them you are trying for a baby and when the first day of your last period was regardless of what your test results show.

If you have only just come off the pill your periods could be erratic, irregular and chances are you won't know when you have ov'ed. And if you have ov'ed and caught the egg but its too early to show up on a hpt you don't want to exposed the embryo to an MRI. When it comes to radiography they often use the 10 Day Rule, which I believe is they treat you as if you are pregnant if you are having unprotected sex and are later than CD10.

I would ring the MRI department and ask them to advise. I'm pretty certain you won't be the first woman not using contraception to have an MRI so they will have procedures in place.

Id test before, but if nothing, tell the person working on the desk, thats what I did xx

They said if I say I might be pregnant they wont do it on the day. So just going to cross my fingers. My visual migraines are getting so bad this scan needs to be done. Unlikely on first cycle anything occured anyway, we were pretty careful

Thanks guys

I think your migranes are your main priority atm, I know what you mean, me and my sister both suffer with them :(

Hi guys

Thanks for all your replies, I got it wrong..period should be 2nd december.. but obv this is only my second period since off pill so could come anytime!!

Crampy bloated and starving..so hopefully a good sign af is on its way

MRI in the evening tommorow :)

MRI refused, got to wait a week then go back. So frustrating!!! fingers crossed they will let me have it next week!

Thanks guys :)

Oh well, I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry!

Good luck with the MRI hun xxx

Just as a bit of reasurance MRI scans are only realy a problem in later stages of pregnancy as there is a theory that the loud noises from it can damage their hearing but even that hasnt been proven yet.
MRI scans hold no known dangers to pregnant ladies and their babies because they use completly different methods to say an Xray but some hospital policies differ from each other so some may not do it.

I had to have an MRI scan at 8 months pregnant because I have spina bifida so they had to check on the nerve damage to see if they could safly give an epidural, turned out it wasnt safe for me to have an epidural and the where the damage was I also couldnt have a local anasthetic so if it came to C section I would have to be knocked out completly.
I choose to take the risk on the hearing because if they didnt know the extent of the damage to the nerves then an epidural or any form of spinal injection could have paralysed or killed me so it was decided to take the risk rather then taking the risk with our lifes.

Turned out Baby was absoloutly fine after the MRI and like I say its only a theory anyway but always best to tell them if you think there is a chance you could be

Thanks hun

They said they will not do them in first Tri.

Still no af, going in the morning..going to keep quiet and pray they will do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->